Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
According to TRN, Raveena just committed to LSU, which has 3 solid blue chips in its 2016-2017 recruiting class. Interesting...
:eek: Wow. That's by far the biggest head scratching commitment I can think of in a longggg time. Wow... :confused:

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
:eek: Wow. That's by far the biggest head scratching commitment I can think of in a longggg time. Wow... :confused:
Don't look at me??? LSU has had 2 Blue Chip recruits TOTAL in the past 12 years and this year they have recruited 3!!! :surprise:

LSU's coaches must be really SELLing their program at twice the pace of most coaches...

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Don't look at me??? LSU has had 2 Blue Chip recruits TOTAL in the past 12 years and this year they have recruited 3!!! :surprise:

LSU's coaches must be really SELLing their program at twice the pace of most coaches...
Easy enough, surely, when they have twice as many head coaches as most program(me)s.

Plus they have a new tennis facility: https://www.lsutaf.org/LSUTennisFacility. Not sure it has a name yet, so if you're an alumnus/alumna with the odd million you don't know what to do with, perhaps it could be yours.

·
Registered
916 Posts
2/18 Victoria Emma chooses Florida. She is #11 for class of 2017. Who is this gurl? Not sure if it's a good get being @ #11... lol i am spoiled

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
2/18 Victoria Emma chooses Florida. She is #11 for class of 2017. Who is this gurl? Not sure if it's a good get being @ #11... lol i am spoiled
Not sure if she's the one you want to get from that class. Kenin, McKenzie, Swan, Day, Dolehide, Gordon, Arconada, Chen...

Emma's not a bad player though.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Not sure if she's the one you want to get from that class. Kenin, McKenzie, Swan, Day, Dolehide, Gordon, Arconada, Chen...

Emma's not a bad player though.
Exactly. I am hoping Kenin out of that bunch chooses UF since her best bud and usual doubles partner Ingrid will be going there. Not sure if UF will take up on Emma's commitment... how does that work lol?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Anybody know anything about Kayla Day?

The Card Killer defeated both Ahn and Zhao in the 25k Surprise in AZ earlier this week.

Impressive!
She's good! Lefty with nice serve and good power. She hits a nice forehand with topspin and can flatten it. She hits a nice flat backhand. She's a CA girl, so hopefully she stays in CA for college...hopefully at the college she lives the closest to :grin2:

·
College Tennis/Team USA expert
9,320 Posts
Unsure on what will happen, but I did hear that drinking was involved. I don't know the extent or really any details, but it must have been serious enough for the coach to kick them off, which took them out of NCAA territory.

·
Registered
11,042 Posts
Any word on if Gabrielle Andrews will be transferring to a DI program next year? She finished up her freshman year at Tyler Junior College with a 21-3 record. She dominated most matches, however one of her losses was at the very beginning of the year 6-2 6-1 to Anna Mamalat, who played 5/6 for Texas A&M. While Gabby might not be the singles player she once was, I would imagine that her doubles prowess would come in handy to many programs. I wonder if she will remain at TJC or move elsewhere.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Maya Jansen transferring from Alabama to Cal. It is rumored that Erin Routliffe and another player are transferring out as well.

·
College Tennis/Team USA expert
9,320 Posts
Any word on if Gabrielle Andrews will be transferring to a DI program next year? She finished up her freshman year at Tyler Junior College with a 21-3 record. She dominated most matches, however one of her losses was at the very beginning of the year 6-2 6-1 to Anna Mamalat, who played 5/6 for Texas A&M. While Gabby might not be the singles player she once was, I would imagine that her doubles prowess would come in handy to many programs. I wonder if she will remain at TJC or move elsewhere.
Somebody mentioned TCU, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if Baylor still tries to poach her

Maya Jansen transferring from Alabama to Cal. It is rumored that Erin Routliffe and another player are transferring out as well.
Where'd you hear that? Was on her Twitter yesterday to see any update on her or to see if she graduated. Wonder where Erin will go and if Daniell is the third player. Boy, has Bama fallen

What happened to her, junior year-was she injured?
Pretty sure she was injured. I know she's struggled in the past but I hope it works out for her. I met her on her visit at Ohio State after UVA took away her LOI to give to somebody else and she was really cool. It was between us and Bama and I was so mad to see her start so well and then win those NCAA titles :lol:

·
Registered
18,174 Posts
Somebody mentioned TCU, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if Baylor still tries to poach her

Where'd you hear that? Was on her Twitter yesterday to see any update on her or to see if she graduated. Wonder where Erin will go and if Daniell is the third player. Boy, has Bama fallen

Pretty sure she was injured. I know she's struggled in the past but I hope it works out for her. I met her on her visit at Ohio State after UVA took away her LOI to give to somebody else and she was really cool. It was between us and Bama and I was so mad to see her start so well and then win those NCAA titles :lol:

I'm actually pretty sure Gabbi is 100% baylor

21 - 40 of 54 Posts