·
Registered
29,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

exciting tournament :bigclap:

·
Registered
10,139 Posts
Hmnm ... I wonder if moving the Tournament of Champions (or whatever it is) from Sofia to Zuhai will make some players skip Linz/Luxembourg, and stay in the Far East after Beijing.

·
Registered
27,167 Posts
Hmnm ... I wonder if moving the Tournament of Champions (or whatever it is) from Sofia to Zuhai will make some players skip Linz/Luxembourg, and stay in the Far East after Beijing.
Possibly, it was a further step that could weaken the fall indoors.

Linz and Luxembourg were pretty weak last year already, especially Luxembourg where the draw fell apart completely. The tournament even thought about switching to another date because the finals being in Asia is making their life more complicated.

I'm really, really curious to see what the Linz EL will look like. Looking at how many big names Hong Kong has I'm fearing the worst really..

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,948 Posts
Excited for this tournament :eek:

Hope Vika can get some good wins and a title :cheer:

·
Registered
10,139 Posts
Possibly, it was a further step that could weaken the fall indoors.

Linz and Luxembourg were pretty weak last year already, especially Luxembourg where the draw fell apart completely. The tournament even thought about switching to another date because the finals being in Asia is making their life more complicated.

I'm really, really curious to see what the Linz EL will look like. Looking at how many big names Hong Kong has I'm fearing the worst really..
Anyone in the top 11-20 who plays Hong Kong or Tianjin will probably have played 3 if not 4 weeks in a row: I really can't see them going to Luxembourg, or even Moscow, if they have to go back to Zuhai with only a week's break in between.

Linz and Luxembourg are going to become second-class tournaments, forming part of an "alternative" post-USO swing: Quebec, Tashkent, Linz and Luxembourg, with a week's break before and after Tashkent. For players who didn't get directly into Wuhan and Bejing (and who have no chance of getting to Zuhai), it makes a lot of sense. Tashkent is only 3/4 hours ahead of central Europe. It's manageable in terms of travel and time zones.

As a Premier-level event, Moscow looks to be in a worse position though.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Azarenka (and Lisicki) out already. :lol:
What a disgrace this woman is for tennis.
Feel sorry for everyone still rooting for her. I am glad I recognized early where her career was going...
Not a bombshell. She should have played a couple of MM earlier in the year, but she's too proud. I'm sure she's happy with her one final in the past 2 years and her place out of top 20. :bigwave:

·
Registered
23,230 Posts
Feel sorry for everyone still rooting for her. I am glad I recognized early where her career was going...
it took you 5 months, exactly. now probs everyone is wondering if you even root for a player or stick to the pathetic trolling you were showing for the last half of a year... :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,811 Posts
Perhaps you missed the part where she got injured last week :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Her injury is laziness, dear.
She is sleeping for 3 days in a row. What normal person is doing it?
There are so many players who are playing and winning (!) injured.
Look at 35 y. old Venus, winning Wuhan injured, the young one pulling out not her.
If it would have been Azarenka playing Muguruza, I am 100% sure it would have been Aza retiring first not Mugu.
She has no will, no ambition, nothing left in her, only fooling around.
Do you think Radwanska and Wozniacki are 100% fit? No, they have injuries but they are still doing everything to qualify for YEC. Their fans are lucky to have such motivated players to root for!

·
Premium Member
8,811 Posts
Look at 35 y. old Venus, winning Wuhan injured, the young one pulling out not her.
If it would have been Azarenka playing Muguruza, I am 100% sure it would have been Aza retiring first not Mugu.
Do you think Radwanska and Wozniacki are 100% fit? No, they have injuries but they are still doing everything to qualify for YEC. Their fans are lucky to have such motivated players to root for!
Some players have different goals. It's not in Vika's best interests to be playing right now while injured. Given she couldn't even move in her last match. It's a bit of a difference between giving it all in a final when you're injured and entering a tournament when you are injured to begin with.

Vika already said she has her eyes on planning for next season anyway, so it is therefore important she gets fit first.

·
Registered
23,230 Posts
yeah, dude. of course they're lucky to root for players doing their best to remain slamless... :yeah:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts