Registered
53,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
53,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
https://www.facebook.com/sharapova/posts/10152678663602680

Withdrawing from this weekend's Fed Cup was no easy decision. You probably haven't seen me post any pictures on court, that is simply because there haven't been many. I just started a couple of days ago and going to work myself up to creating a good healthy base.

I will be following the girls on my live stream this weekend, cheering them on, as I try to be ready for next week's tournament in Stuttgart.
Maria :hug:

·
Registered
53,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/203682.aspx

15 April 2015

Sharapova out of semifinal against Germany

World No. 2 Maria Sharapova has pulled out of the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group semifinal against Germany with a leg injury.

The Russian superstar injured her leg in practice at the Miami Open last month and has been unable to train.

"I have been looking forward to returning to Sochi and competing in Fed Cup," said Sharapova. "It's the first time it has taken place in the city where I grew up. My team and I changed my schedule in order for me to be able to compete in Sochi, but unfortunately, my leg injury has prevented me from preparing for this event as I just got back to the practice court a few days ago.

"I need to be at my best in order to play at the highest level at this event against such a great team and unfortunately, I wasn't allowed the preparation time. I am sure the wonderful tennis fans in Sochi will come out and support Team Russia."

Sharapova spoke to Russia's Fed Cup Captain Anastasia Myskina earlier this week to give her the news.

"We spoke with Masha and her team this week and unfortunately she is not ready to play," explained Myskina. "She had to take time off after the injury in Miami and while she tried to do everything she could in order to be in Sochi this week, she is just simply not ready.

"Nonetheless, I believe in the strength and ability of our team and look forward to a great event."

The Russians have yet to confirm a replacement for Sharapova but it is thought that former world No. 2 Vera Zvonareva will make her first Fed Cup appearance since 2011.

·
Registered
53,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Practice in Sochi: Julia, Sabine, Elena, Anastasia

·
Registered
53,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
German Fed Cup team

:inlove:

·