1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
33,574 Posts
On paper Australia should win easily, but with Sam and Casey so low on form and confidence and Jarka nursing an injury it's less obvious who will prevail. I still think they will pull through, but I won't be surprised if it goes down to the wire.

I have tickets, so I'm hoping for a good show, of course with the Aussie girls winning in the end:)

·
Registered
14,783 Posts
On paper, just like last time the Netherlands are the underdog. It's quite remarkable how well they play as a team and how relatively bad they play individually, especially between the last meeting in February and this meeting. With Stosur and Dellacqua low on confidence they might pull of an upset, but as I said I won't be surprised if they lost 0-5 either. :lol:

They have maintained themselves in WG2, which is already a great achievement. :)

·
Registered
33,574 Posts
Molik is back in A'dam airport and Holland. I remember I saw her in A'dam in 1999, she did not play but was a member of the Aussie team.. :)

I can't remember if she ever played in Rosmalen...?
^Once, in 2006, lost in R32 in 3 sets to Ivanovic:)

·
Registered
53,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
53,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
38 Posts
Aussies should be victorious here.Dutch girls shouldn't be making too much problems to Sam,Casey & Jarka.
We'll see who will play second rubber.Alicia will chose the best I'm sure of it.

Anyways.Go AUSSIES

·
Registered
53,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think both teams are really likeable :yeah:
They all (AUS and NL) seem like nice, friendly girls

AUS should win. But NL is dangerous. Their girls peak at Fed Cup
It could be a close tie because the AUS girls are not in their best form

I root a little bit more for AUS, because they have more quality
And I want quality (the countries with the best players) to succeed

And I have a soft spot for the AUS girls because they lost a tough tie to GER in Feb :awww:
The commentator also said only nice things about AUS girls, the captain and team

·
Registered
45,543 Posts
The Dutch FC Captain would have preferred the tie to be played on grass :eek:h: but the playing girls decided otherwise

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
I am quite excited to watch the Dutch team in action. I have never seen any of them play before. I support the Aussie team though with my favourite player Stosur. I think the Aussie's will take it, despite their poor form / injuries. I think the Dutch players made a wise decision not to play on grass, as it will disrupt all of the players momentum on the tour. And I doubt grass would make a difference to the outcome. Wise decision. Looking forward to it! Enjoy!

·
Registered
14,783 Posts
Really looking forward to Rus - Stosur, I want a replay of Wimbledon 2012 :drool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts