Ireland (5)
Egypt (6)

Luxembourg (7)
Estonia (8)

·
Registered
37,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kaia and Anett have indicated that they will play. It's hard not to see Estonia plus maybe Slovenia (depending on how many more players they have alienated by next year) going through to EA Zone 1.

·
Registered
53,484 Posts
Come on, Kaia ! Estonia should qualify for Europe/Africa Zone 1 in 2016 ! :)

The seeding system is stupid :eek: They should make seeding with ranking of 2 highest-ranked players :p

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Estonia and Slovenia really SHOULD go through. Maybe Bosnia or South Africa could surprise depending on which players play.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
77,268 Posts
Bosnia/Herzegovina - Jasmina Tinjic, Jelena Simic, Anita Husaric, Damira Muminovic, Vojin Sukalo (captain)

Egypt - Ola Abou Zekry, Sandra Samir, Mayar Sherif, Dina Hegab, Ramadan Wafa Mohamed (captain)

Estonia - Kaia Kanepi, Anett Kontaveit, Eva Paalma, Valeria Gorlats, Maret Ani (captain)

Finland - Emma Llaine (playing captain), Piia Suomalainen, Ella Lleivo, Roosa Timonen

Ireland - Amy Bowtell, Rachael Dillon, Julie Byrne, Lauren Deegan, Yvonne Doyle

Luxembourg - Claudine Schaul, Sharon Pesch, Eleonora Molinaro, Lara Dimmer, Jean Goudenbour (captain)

Slovenia - Polona Hercog, Andreja Klepac, Nina Potocnik, Manca Pislak, Andrej Krasevec (captain)

South Africa - Chanelle Scheepers, Chanel Simmonds, Ilze Hattingh, Michelle Sammons, Earl Grainger (captain)

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
No Tasoula for South Africa :sad:

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Kəv.;52949106 said:
I thought she didn't play because she was getting US citizenship or something? :confused:
Yeah and she missed London 2012 because she wanted to become American :spit:
Not like she would've had a chance anyways with the depth in American tennis :shrug:

Although I feel like in recent years her name is on the Fed Cup team initially and then in the end she doesn't play, so this could be another one of those situations :unsure:

·
Registered
53,484 Posts
Kanepi :hearts:
Kontaveit :hearts:

Schaul :speakles:
Maybe with Claudine Luxembourg has a chance to stay in E/A Zone 2

Scheepers :eek: :hearts:
Happy she is back after 10 years ! Finally. Very nice surprise

Where is Minella ?

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Kanepi :hearts:
Kontaveit :hearts:

Schaul :speakles:
Maybe with Claudine Luxembourg has a chance to stay in E/A Zone 2

Scheepers :eek: :hearts:
Happy she is back after 10 years ! Finally. Very nice surprise

Where is Minella ?
Minella should really play. Not sure why she doesn't but she could definitely get a WC for Rio if she cared about FC :shrug:

I still have no idea how LUX is still in Group 2 without Minella for so many years :eek:
Oh wait, they beat Greece in the relegation playoff 7-6(8) in the third cause Stefanou was up 4-0 against Schaul and then she got injured and then Papamichail beat Kremer (she tried to choke but Anne wouldn't let her) only for Papamichail/Sakkari to save like 8 MPs in the doubles rubber to push it to a third set TB from 1-5 15-40 down in the third and then in the TB we saved more MPs and had one of our own in which Sakkari missed an easy overhead to win it and then we lost the TB 8-10 :hysteric:
Three years later and you all know I'm still not over that loss :sobbing::lol:

But I must give credit to Kremer and Schaul for their dedication to FC. Legends :worship::bowdown:

·
Premium Member
62,371 Posts
Estonia and Slovenia are really strong.
But Luxembourg is so weak :tape:

·
Registered
53,484 Posts
I still have no idea how LUX is still in Group 2 without Minella for so many years :eek:
"still in group 2" ? :spit:

Luxembourg played in group 1 from 2011 until last year !

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 all these years LUX was in group 1

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Change in Slovenian team.

Slovenia - Polona Hercog, Andreja Klepac, Tadeja Majerič, Manca Pislak, Andrej Krasevec (captain)

Majerič replaced Potočnik. :eek:

·
Registered
37,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What amazing news to see when I return to one of my favourite threads!!
She probably became realistic about Bosnian funding and wants maybe an Olympic WC. Slovenia could give Estonia a run for their money now :eek: If Kaia is still injured then perhaps we will see Kontaveit/Kanepi vs Hercog/Klepac which is WGII worthy :lol: I hope they're in the same pool so that Estonia gets potentially to play both Slovenia and RSA. Close matches are good, less boring :D :)

·
Registered
76,420 Posts
Minella should really play. Not sure why she doesn't but she could definitely get a WC for Rio if she cared about FC :shrug:

Last year Mandy wanted to play but she couldn't cause she injured herself in Australia. This year she now wants to focus on getting her ranking back up as she will be out of the top 200 by next Monday. I think shes being realistic and realising that her chances for Rio aren't gonna happen.

·
Registered
37,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kəv.;54156241 said:
Last year Mandy wanted to play but she couldn't cause she injured herself in Australia. This year she now wants to focus on getting her ranking back up as she will be out of the top 200 by next Monday. I think shes being realistic and realising that her chances for Rio aren't gonna happen.
There's no real down side to her playing.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts