Discussion Starter #1
No thread yet :eek:

Again it will be in Budapest.

Details
- Dates: 3-7 February 2015
- Venue: Syma Sport és Rendezvényközpont
- City: Budapest, Hungría
- Surface: Hard court (Acrylyc) Rebound ace - Indoor
- Official ball: Wilson US Open (Thailand)

Participating nations
Austria
Belarus
Belgium
Bulgaria
Croatia
Georgia
Great Britain
Hungary
Israel
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Portugal
Serbia
Turkey
Ukraine

Format
- Round-robin basis. Four pools of four nations (Pools A, B, C and D).
- The winner of Pool A will play-off against the winner of Pool D and the winner of Pool B will play-off against the winner of Pool C to determine which two nations will advance to the World Group II play-offs.
- The bottom-placed nations in Pool A and Pool B will play-off against the bottom-placed nations in Pool C and Pool D to determine which two nations will be relegated to Europe/Africa Zone Group II in 2016.
- Two promoted.
- Two relegated.

·
Registered
53,577 Posts
90 % sure Patricia Mayr-Achleitner won`t be in Austrian team next year
She`d like to play but the Austrian Fed Cup captain refuses to nominate her :(

Ivanovic and Azarenka here, this will be interesting :hehehe:
Also the Croatian future stars Vekic and Konjuh should play

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
Belarus with Vika and Sasha will be dominant.

·
Registered
24,800 Posts
90 % sure Patricia Mayr-Achleitner won`t be in Austrian team next year
She`d like to play but the Austrian Fed Cup captain refuses to nominate her :(

Ivanovic and Azarenka here, this will be interesting :hehehe:
Also the Croatian future stars Vekic and Konjuh should play
well Fed Cupt captain was fired :lol:

·
Registered
53,577 Posts
Belarus with Vika and Sasha will be dominant.
Not so sure. Azarenka should win all her matches, but Sasnovich is overrated IMO
And Govortsova is a better player than Sasnovich, sadly she is completely out of form

Serbia should get promotion with Ana and Bojana, I don't know about JJ.
Ana should win her matches (besides Azarenka), but Jovanovski is nothing special, she is beatable
Jankovic is retired from Fed Cup, and I think she is going to retire from WTA Tour at the end of 2015

well Fed Cupt captain was fired :lol:
Clemens Trimmel fired :eek:
Then Mayr-Achleitner can play ;)
I wish Babsi Schett would be Fed Cup captain but she said no for next year :sad:
Why not Patricia Wartusch or Babsi Schwartz ? Are there any news ?

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Belarus, Belgium, Croatia, Serbia, and Ukraine all could go through. I have to say I think the favorites are (in order) :
1. Serbia
2. Belarus
3. Croatia
4. Belgium
5. Ukraine

Personally, I would definitely like to see Serbia go through. I like Vika, but last time they were in WG2 she wasn't very committed and I doubt it will be any different this time around. So I'll say Belgium since I like Kirsten and Yanina, though I wouldn't mind Croatia either since they seem to be on the rise with Vekic and Konjuh.

·
Registered
20,938 Posts
Belarus, Belgium, Croatia, Serbia, and Ukraine all could go through. I have to say I think the favorites are (in order) :
1. Serbia
2. Belarus
3. Croatia
4. Belgium
5. Ukraine

Personally, I would definitely like to see Serbia go through. I like Vika, but last time they were in WG2 she wasn't very committed and I doubt it will be any different this time around. So I'll say Belgium since I like Kirsten and Yanina, though I wouldn't mind Croatia either since they seem to be on the rise with Vekic and Konjuh.
I like your top, but i want to make some clarifications regard Serbia and Belarus. They are fave only if Ana and Vika participate if not my top will be something like:

1. Croatia
2. Belgium
3. Ukraine
4. Serbia
5. Great Britain

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
At the risk of jinxing my country, I'd say Belgium is the fave (that is, like DanLovesWTA stated, if Vika and Ana do not participate). It has already been confirmed that both Kirsten and Yanina are going to play Fed Cup, and Alison Van Uytvanck and An-Sophie Mestach are most likely above average compared to most 3th and 4th players in the Europe-Africa zone as well. Other strong teams are likely Croatia and Ukraine.

I can't really imagine Ana or Vika playing Fed Cup in the Europe-Africa zone. They might, though, with Olympics being held next year (but I don't know the exact rules about playing Fed Cup to enter the Olympics, I just know there is a rule about this).

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I can't really imagine Ana or Vika playing Fed Cup in the Europe-Africa zone. They might, though, with Olympics being held next year (but I don't know the exact rules about playing Fed Cup to enter the Olympics, I just know there is a rule about this).

It was

"Players were eligible to compete in the Olympic Tennis Event at London 2012 ....
They must also have made themselves available for selection to represent their country in Davis Cup or Fed Cup for two of the following years - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 - provided one of those years is 2011 or 2012."

·
Registered
20,938 Posts
At the risk of jinxing my country, I'd say Belgium is the fave (that is, like DanLovesWTA stated, if Vika and Ana do not participate). It has already been confirmed that both Kirsten and Yanina are going to play Fed Cup, and Alison Van Uytvanck and An-Sophie Mestach are most likely above average compared to most 3th and 4th players in the Europe-Africa zone as well. Other strong teams are likely Croatia and Ukraine.

Even with the participation of Ana and Vika their country still don't have quaranteed qualification from this zone, i know from Romanian team experience this year. With only 1 good player in a team you risk to not qualified at all you also need a strong double team to do it wich we had for our luck.

·
Registered
53,577 Posts
Special guest Martina Hingis on saturday.
Won`t she play Fed Cup for Switzerland ? (WG 2 tie vs Sweden at Helsingborg) :scratch:

·
Registered
53,577 Posts
1 - 20 of 410 Posts