Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
College Tennis/Team USA expert
9,308 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
On TRN, Lampl is listed as high interest in Stanford but not officially committed.
Does anyone know what's up with Kimberly Yee? She was #1 with a bullet a while back, but now she's fallen to #14. And whereas most of the other blue chips have played in 10+ tournaments, she's only participated in 4. Is she injured, or maybe taking an alternate path?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Does anyone know what's up with Kimberly Yee? She was #1 with a bullet a while back, but now she's fallen to #14. And whereas most of the other blue chips have played in 10+ tournaments, she's only participated in 4. Is she injured, or maybe taking an alternate path?
She didn't play for a few months. I think she was injured. Her first tournament back though she won. Then she played in the junior tournament where juniors teamed up in their sections. She had mixed results there. Her last match she retired against Ingrid Neel at National's I believe. The big question mark is where she will end up! I'm still hoping she commits to UCLA with her bff. :bounce:

·
Registered
224 Posts
She didn't play for a few months. I think she was injured. Her first tournament back though she won. Then she played in the junior tournament where juniors teamed up in their sections. She had mixed results there. Her last match she retired against Ingrid Neel at National's I believe. The big question mark is where she will end up! I'm still hoping she commits to UCLA with her bff. :bounce:
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Out of curiosity, who's her BFF?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
That's not going to happen... :lol:

Kimberly's goal is to use tennis as a vehicle to get into a top University (Stanford) and to play professional tennis at the highest levels (like other Stanford players).

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
That's not going to happen... :lol:

Kimberly's goal is to use tennis as a vehicle to get into a top University (Stanford) and to play professional tennis at the highest levels (like other Stanford players).
She doesn't want to end up like Hardebeck. :confused:

I read somewhere that she wants to go to a school with a great business school. Stanford does have a top business program, so we'll see.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I thought she was 50/50 with going to Stanford. Maybe Stanford hit their quota on Asians. :lol:
I read somewhere that she was deciding between Stanford, UCLA, and USC.

You better hope Stanford doesn't have a quota on Asians because the next few classes have a few top Asian players. The one I want is Claire Liu. She has both Stanford and UCLA listed as her interests.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I read somewhere that she was deciding between Stanford, UCLA, and USC.

You better hope Stanford doesn't have a quota on Asians because the next few classes have a few top Asian players. The one I want is Claire Liu. She has both Stanford and UCLA listed as her interests.
Yeah, I think her top pick is Stanford, as she only recently added UCLA, like other recruits have done, who eventually went to Stanford. :lol:

Having Bellis and Liu at Stanford is still a few years away.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts