54,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Suzhou again with WTA Cincinatti :facepalm:

Ningbo at the same time as USO second week :rolleyes:

Taipei and Limoges sharing week :eek:h:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I think Taipei's field won't be so great with Limoges sharing that week. Good for the locals to gain some points.

The Chinese tournaments are just placed in those slots to make sure no top foreigners come and snatch points off the flowers.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,467 Posts
I think Taipei's field won't be so great with Limoges sharing that week. Good for the locals to gain some points.

The Chinese tournaments are just placed in those slots to make sure no top foreigners come and snatch points off the flowers.
It really does seem all of the Chinese 125Ks are placed deliberately to discourage Westerners from entering. There does seem to be a very blatant attempt going on to make it as easy as possible for the Chinese players to build their rankings against the rest of the field.

·
Premium Member
104,788 Posts
It really does seem all of the Chinese 125Ks are placed deliberately to discourage Westerners from entering. There does seem to be a very blatant attempt going on to make it as easy as possible for the Chinese players to build their rankings against the rest of the field.
But Ningbo in USO 2nd week isn't a bad idea. GS losers can go to Asia early to prepare for the Asian swing. And MM around Asia

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
I've thought it for a while, but this convinces me more. It just looks so blatant that the WTA are trying to boost the ranking of Asian players. Especially with the new ranking system, winning one of these will be very beneficial.

The female Yen-Hsun Lu is coming.

·
Rest in peace Bally
15,167 Posts
I want more!!! :sobbing:

·
Registered
974 Posts
In fairness, the WTA would probably be bankrupt without tournaments in Asia and especially China. Young players from around the world should be able to easily adapt to the different conditions (humidity with terrible air quality). Not sure it's a good place for Kvitova to play good tennis.

I've thought it for a while, but this convinces me more. It just looks so blatant that the WTA are trying to boost the ranking of Asian players. Especially with the new ranking system, winning one of these will be very beneficial.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts

Sorry, but, of what new ranking system are you talking about?

·
Registered
12,932 Posts

Correction: Asia is the only place where tennis federations have the money to put on these events. You really think that if San Diego, Rome or London wanted to host a 125k the WTA would reject it?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Correction: Asia is the only place where tennis federations have the money to put on these events. You really think that if San Diego, Rome or London wanted to host a 125k the WTA would reject it?
Correction: All these tournament in Asia would like to host WTA tour events (at least International) and WTA simply created 125k to so the event can be called WTA. You really think San Diego, Rome or London want to waste their time and energy to host a 125k just to promote WTA?

·
Premium Member
104,788 Posts
I don't think even WTA themselves call WTA 125 events as tour events (that means Mladenovic still hasn't won a career title marked according to her WTA profile). So it's all good for everyone. Asian countries can have their own tournaments regardless, players can play and gain experience playing against players ranked from 100 to 250. Not too bad.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
So Cali died and replaced by Raanana and Nanchang replaced Nanjing? - Per WTA

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Really surprised that my hometown Nanchang will hold WTA 125K.

But I feel happy about it.

Nanchang is very very very very hot in July. GL to all players...:lol:

·
Registered
872 Posts
7.21-27, Nanchang, the capital of Jiangxi provice, eastern China.
9.1-7, 2nd week of US Open, Suzhou, a city of Anhui provice but not Jiangsu, eastern China.
10.27-11.2, ningbo, a city of Zhejiang provice, eastern China.

all above according to CTA event planning 2014.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts