Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Re: 2013 ESPY Winners: Sharapova presented, Serena won

who is this D-bag sitting next to Maria LOL:haha:
I hope that was sarcasm!

Wow! Your flag rings true. This truly is an international forum. (And yes, that's a good thing!:wavey:)

The D-bag next her is starting NFL Quarterback Colin Kaepernick. He is a quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers and he took the team to the Super Bowl this past year.

The National Football League is virtually unkown to the rest of the planet. But here in the USA, it is King. And I mean no other sport in the world is remotely close for USA sports audiences. The USA's NFL is the richest sport on earth. Its championship game (The Super Bowl) is all but a National Holiday in the United States.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

I hope that was sarcasm!

Wow! Your flag rings true. This truly is an international forum. (And yes, that's a good thing!:wavey:)

The D-bag next her is starting NFL Quarterback Colin Kaepernick. He is a quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers and he took the team to the Super Bowl this past year.

The National Football League is a virtually unkown to the rest of the planet. But here in the USA, it is King. And I mean no other sport in the world is remotely close for USA sports audiences. The USA's NFL is the richest sport on earth. Its championship game (The Super Bowl) is all but a National Holiday in the United States.
Yeah I had to remind myself that one of the biggest sports stars in America isn't really known outside the states....funny.

Props to Serena for not just winning her awards but for her commitment to the sport. She didn't have to be playing a non-event ins Sweden she could have been there rubbing elbows with her peers and celebrity friends but chose tennis first. She gets bad publicity when she doesn't but no recognition when she does.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts

The fact that the ESPYs exist boggle the mind
All it takes is money

·
Registered
12,278 Posts
IF, IF, IF, IF, IF, IF, IF, IF, IF..... You get the point

And also, Serena's fans don't need to be humble about anything. Serena's humble and that's all that matters.
Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
:lol:eek:k. Humbleness is a trait meant for humankind. Hope u are human too:p And also I know whom to vote for in TWAT now.

Fyi vika already defeated her in Doha this year. And Sabine too. So ur favourite is not inconquerable:wavey:

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
oh plsss...some of these Serena fans are too arrogant. But when they are nominated for TWAT, they run away fearing the title will be theirs:lol: Being humble is very important otherwise the fall will hurt badly. If Vika had held at 5-4 at last year's USO, the scenario would have been different.
What does this have to do with anything? :lol: I was not nominated for TWAT, MD or WC(3 of the 4 years I've been here AFAIK). I don't know what you expect to get by bringing up people whom I've never met or privately spoken to :confused:

Secondly, 12-2 is 12-2 :shrug: Sit.

·
Premium Member
19,674 Posts
Congrats Serena!! It's really funny how Serena rarely wins the Best Female Athlete ESPY losing to Lindsay Vaughn most of the time. Now she's finally won it again at the expense of Gabby Douglas which is unfortunate. They both deserve it but I'm glad Serena won.

Vika looks awesome, and Red-fool is living up to his name. lol

No comment on the other girl.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
:lol:eek:k. Humbleness is a trait meant for humankind. Hope u are human too:p And also I know whom to vote for in TWAT now.

Fyi vika already defeated her in Doha this year. And Sabine too. So ur favourite is not inconquerable:wavey:

In the meantime Serena has already 6 titles heading to 7 .
1 GS and 3 mandatories beating Vika in 6/1 6/3 in Rome .
Not unbeatable , but 10X better than your favborite and the likes of Lisiki .

·
Registered
12,278 Posts
What does this have to do with anything? :lol: I was not nominated for TWAT, MD or WC(3 of the 4 years I've been here AFAIK). I don't know what you expect to get by bringing up people whom I've never met or privately spoken to :confused:

Secondly, 12-2 is 12-2 :shrug: Sit.
U know ur post was arrogant...calling minions to collect trophies blah blah. And now ordering me to sit is a good example too:wavey:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Quite sad for the sport that a person perpetuating rape culture gets so much recognition. #badpress #badfort

We're sad about you!

·
Registered
11,273 Posts

I hope that was sarcasm!

The National Football League is a virtually unkown to the rest of the planet. But here in the USA, it is King. And I mean no other sport in the world is remotely close for USA sports audiences. The USA's NFL is the richest sport on earth. Its championship game (The Super Bowl) is all but a National Holiday in the United States.
nope, never heard of this bugger before:lol:
frankly, I don't get yanks' obsession with this "sport" they call football anyway, so no wonder the rest of the world prefers real footie to begin with.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
harlo said:
Serena rarely wins the Best Female Athlete ESPY losing to Lindsay Vaughn most of the time. Now she's finally won it again at the expense of Gabby Douglas which is unfortunate. They both deserve it but I'm glad Serena won.
agreed. of course i was thrilled and rooting for Serena to win, but i wouldn't have minded seeing Gaby win especially because this might be her only chance to win. She was in the audience looking really excited and at that moment i was rooting for her, then the momemnt passed and i was happy for Serena again. wish they could have tied.

·
Registered
39,687 Posts
Quite sad for the sport that a person perpetuating rape culture gets so much recognition. #badpress #badforthesportsimage
Congratulations, Lil Sis! :bounce: You deserve it! :woohoo:

61 - 80 of 146 Posts