Feb 11, 2013 Copa Bionaire Cali, COLOMBIA
Aug 05, 2013 SUZHOU, CHINA CHINA
Sep 22, 2013 NINGBO, CHINA CHINA
Oct 28, 2013 NANJING, CHINA CHINA
Nov 04, 2013 OEC Taipei WTA Ladies Open CHINESE TAIPEI

·
Registered
974 Posts
Poor calendar yet... I hope this kind of tournaments could also take place in Europe and USA.

·
Registered
54,002 Posts
February 11 - Cali, Colombia
August 5 - Suzhou, China
September 23 - Ningbo, China
October 28 - Taipei, Chinese Taipei
October 28 - Nanjing, China
November 5 - Pune, India
Taipei is scheduled for Nov 4
Pune is scheduled for Nov 11

·
Registered
54,002 Posts
this is the finish calendar? or can be agree other tournaments?
Tournaments can still be added. But I would not expect many more to be added. (If any at all)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I like how all those new 125ks have useless Top 50 WCs because pretty much no one can use it due to the new rules. We will just have a bunch of random Chinese or South American players roaming through the tournament and earn 160 points.

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
pretty terrible schedule. don't expect this concept to survive through to 2014 if the calendar stays like this. i wouldn't expect must spectator interest in north america, but why doesn't europe have any??

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
77,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are no "emerging markets" in Europe. And with all these restrictions, it makes a very little sense to have this instead of 100k ITF. As long you don't care about being a "WTA" tournament.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
There are no "emerging markets" in Europe. And with all these restrictions, it makes a very little sense to have this instead of 100k ITF. As long you don't care about being a "WTA" tournament.
:lol: I said that on a Taiwanese BBS and I was pretty much scolded that I didn't bring $ or put time into hosting the tournaments so I should shut up. ITF 100k has way less restrictions and easier to manage than WTA. 10 points, big whoop.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Are the WTA counting this joke tournaments as titles still??? The WTA's feud with the ITF is ridiculous like these 100k replacements.
yes, i think mladenovic's win counted as her maiden title :eek:
Same for Svitolina :eek:
I agree with you, this is so childish of WTA to have these, and they are weaker than the real 100K - which by the way get no mention at a player's resume on their site other than "continued to play on the ITF tour", unlike making R2 at an international for instance.

Meelis, if it was decided that this innovation deserve its own sub-forum after all, could you please move in here the two from last year as well?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
It should a sub-forum for the challengers

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
looks like it will be counted as WTA title since Elina and mladenovic's profile on WTA HP show's 1 title...:confused:

not sure if it's official or not but we do have Premire and Internationals but we don't separate them when we count WTA titles so maybe 125 too??

·
Registered
54,002 Posts
Pune is cancelled.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts