Discussion Starter #1
Dokic is back
Amelie is back win or lose paris
Dementieva has found a new level
Serena is playing more

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
I wouldn't say mauresmo is back yet. The crowd has helped her a lot this week, and I'm not sure how she'll play without them.

·
Registered
84,762 Posts
Dokic is back
Amelie is back win or lose paris
Dementieva has found a new level
Serena is playing more
We should comment after FO or Wimbledon.:shrug: It's still early too say.
Dokic played a few good events and who knows how her form will be later.:unsure:
Momo is back...maybe because it's Paris and it's played indoors. One event doesn't prove much:shrug:
Lena couldn't play her best when it matters most(besides the Olympic if you still want to argue).:help:
Serena hasn't even played a real full schedule yet and how do you know she will play more.:shrug: She could still sign up and then withdraw at the last minute.:eek:

·
God Gave Us Rock 'N' Roll
47,931 Posts
still too early to say that it would be a fantastic year

·
Registered
14,232 Posts
Well, if more finals follow the precedent of this Paris final today then it will indeed be a very good year.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
way too early to say this, once again after the same kind of threads early in 2008 and 2007. We saw a lot of injuries getting to the players, I have to say that I am happy for Dokic and Mauresmo getting more confidence in their performances this year. I would have been really happy if Serena hadn't pulled out of Paris with that knee injury, I'm just expecting her to pull out of Dubai as well. I thought Venus was going to do well but she had a bad start as usual in the first half of the year. Sharapova, I really hope she returns to Indian Wells, since that tournament is boredom to watch, I hope the three set matches will be more exciting between the top players and more drama please, not in disadvantage for The Williamses please:D

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
nice to see a positive comment finally...

i agree!

the best players, not the pretenders, playing well!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
If, and it's a long road to go, a Top 5 composed by the Williams Sisters, Sharapova, Amelie and Dementieva lead the tour, seconded by Safina, Kuznetsova and Zvonareva, the Serbians and the up and comers like Azarenka, Wozniacki, Cornet, etc... then, we will have a nice season.

But it's a long, long, long way to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts