Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Tati fans!!
How are you?
Yeah I know, it's been a very tough year for all of us...
Anyway, I wanted to know if any of you had some news.
First question beeing of course whether or not she will be able to compete anytime soon?
And is there any kind of a schedule for now?
I know last news I had weren't that good, butI really hope she's coming back soon... I don't know for you guys, but for me that tennis year hasn't been as interested as I expected it to be! But I keep faith!!:D
(and I know it must have been much more tough for our poor Tati!! :kiss: )
Tati playing at the AO would be just... :drool: :drool: :drool:
Anyway, thank you guys and I wish you a nice week-end!

·
Banned
20,175 Posts
I don't think she'll play AO. Has she even entered?
It's all very depressing. :bigcry:

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
if she were to play at all in 2009, i guess i wouldn't expect her until a few months into the season. but its also very hard to tell where her health stands, there were so many different stories a few weeks ago about how her body was holding up.

i guess i will just be happy to see Tati playing again someday.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Nice to see you back JS :D
I"m not sure she'll ever play well again :sad: Now I just hope she will really appear in this SI edition. I hope it won't be the only 2009 highlight though and that if there are others one of them won't be her retirement..

·
Banned
20,175 Posts
I'm just not sure she'll ever play again. :bigcry: Poor sweet Tats. :sad:

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
I'm just not sure she'll ever play again. :bigcry: Poor sweet Tats. :sad:
I don't even manage do be sad :( It just seems normal to me now :sad: I'm used not to care about tennis anymore and used no to see her playing. Whereas when she was not injured I was almost counting days before her next tournament :eek:

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
Im sure she'll be back. Apparently she's been training with Glenn Schapp in Netherlands and hopes to be back by AO. We'll see.

·
Banned
20,175 Posts
I don't even manage do be sad :( It just seems normal to me now :sad: I'm used not to care about tennis anymore and used no to see her playing. Whereas when she was not injured I was almost counting days before her next tournament :eek:
Yeah I'm at the point of not even caring anymore, but if Tati retires I'm done with tennis. :sad: I'm cool if she retires cuz she feels like she's done all she could, but not because of a disease. She's too young. :sad:

Im sure she'll be back. Apparently she's been training with Glenn Schapp in Netherlands and hopes to be back by AO. We'll see.
You honestly believe she would dump Loic and then a week later she'd go to Netherlands to train with Glenn? Please. :rolleyes: It's not true.

·
Registered
12,030 Posts
Really!?!? :eek: If it's true she tries to come back in Australia...

But to be realistic: I don't see her back on court before the European spring indoor tournaments, so Paris at the earliest...

·
Banned
20,175 Posts
That Schaap thing is so not true. Don't get too excited guys...

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
i sent a question to Jon Wertheim's tennis mail bag about Tati and this is what he wrote:

Do you have any inside information on Tatiana Golovin's health and career? There have been a lot of rumors going around online that she's retiring and then she's not retiring. She has so much talent but is always injured.
--
Paul, Minneapolis
• Oddly enough, I recently visited with Golovin at an undisclosed location (How's that for cryptic?) and am pleased to report that she's not retired. Her back, however, continues to bother her and she has no firm timetable for a recovery. She claims that she's working hard to keep her spirits up but she'd be lying if she said it hasn't been frustrating.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jon_wertheim/01/06/mail.bag/index.html?eref=T1

We just have to keep waiting and hope that she can fully heal.

·
nothing else compares
19,534 Posts
Thanks for that. :)

He basically told us what Tati had already said to GA, but it's nice to hear that she's not retiring (whether it's valid or not is another matter).

Here's the beginning of the article:

"Test your skills against Lacoste's sponsored athletes such as Tatiana Golovin and Richard Gasquet, and tennis legend Mats Wilander at Lacoste Centre Court, located at Melbourne Central Shot Tower Square on Level 1. You will be able to play tennis on Wii Sports on the big screen, against these tennis greats!

Dates: 17th January - 1st February"

He probably met her in the Dominican Republic t interview her about the SI shoot, hence the secrecy.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts