Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 526 Posts

·
Registered
116,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first tie is in Moscow against Spain. Elena Dementieva is injured, and it looks like Sveta, Nadia, and Anna are playing. The fourth will probably be Dinara

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
That should be the team. But then Russia will need a healthy Sharapova to beat America in the second round of the Fed Cup. And Maria better play that Tie if she's healthy to make up for not playing round 1 of Fed Cup.

·
Registered
116,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sharapova has never played, so they have to win with the players who want to play.

·
Registered
23,560 Posts
i think Dementieva will join the team if they make it to the Semifinals

·
Banned
35,898 Posts
Nadia, Sveta, Anna and Dinara are a great team.

Hopefully Elena will come back!

·
Captain of the SS Dementieva
15,125 Posts
that team should do well against Spain thats for sure ,not so sure about later matches though ,Sveta's record at Fedcup is not good at all ,Nadia let them down big time last year ,kinda suprised shes even been invited again ,needs must I guess , but Anna should do well ,Dinaras form hasnt been great either..Team needs some rejigging ahead of the bigger matches..Pity Myskina isnt there... Despite her recent probs and bad form ,she always gives 110% for fedcup and often does well.

for me the best team would be Lena ,Myskina ,Sveta and Anna.. maybes Dinara on standby for dubz. Sharapova will simply let the team down and cannot be relied upon at all ,shes too selfish plus shes rather crap these days really ,Serena totally owns her ass.

·
Registered
116,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think Anna will be a regular member of the team. She is top 10, just turned 20, and lives in Moscow.
She will be a big part of the future of this team.

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
nice team :)

and they needn't sharapova to win this tie of course ;)

Reactions: cindy

·
Registered
116,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It might be Vera Z and not Dinara

·
Registered
116,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sharapova will simply let the team down and cannot be relied upon at all ,shes too selfish plus shes rather crap these days really ,Serena totally owns her ass.
These Fed Cup threads often become a 'goof on Sharapova' thread.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Except GL that without your goofy girl (Sharapova) Russia isn't beating the United States in the Fed Cup quarterfinals this year. If Maria is healthy she will do damage in that Fed Cup Tie. But if Masha is healthy and chooses not to play that Tie very likley against the Williams sisters then no one could take Masha's side in her Fed Cup situation anymore. I readily admit Maria is down to her last Fed Cup strike. :eek: But she can still come through for Russia when they will need her the most this year. And that's certainly not against Spain.

·
Registered
116,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sharapova is totally unreliable. She's never played Fed Cup for Russia. She's never even practiced with the team, ever.

The least Sharapova can do is go to Russia and watch this tie live. She made herself available, now go be there in person for a tie. That would be a big move forward for Sharapova, who is always in the US when Russia is playing Fed Cup.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
GL, I was thinking the same thing about Maria going to Russia to watch the Russia/Spain Fed Cup Tie. I want that to happen. I hope it does.

Reactions: goldenlox

·
Registered
116,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sveta has a wrist injury and pulled out of the FCC. So it should be Nadia and Anna playing singles.

·
Registered
116,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Spain has a good doubles team, with AMG and VRP. This tie is not automatic.
And with Sveta injured, Nadia and Anna have the whole burden.

·
Registered
116,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tarpischev should have picked Zvonareva on this team. If Sveta can't make it, Vera needs to be on the team.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
& what about Dinara as well? I'd like to know why she isn't on this team. Sure she ins't in her best form but she is in better form than Vesnina. I know that Dinara said earlier in the year she wasn't happy with what was happening with the Russian team so maybe that has something to do with it:confused:

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Shamil Tarpischev seems to be playing politics with whom he choses to play Fed Cup for injury riddled Russia in the Tie against Spain. It's hard to believe Zvonareva and Safina were passed over for Vesnina who is having a terrible year. :scratch: If Petrova or Chakvetadze suffer an injury before the first round Fed Cup Tie against Spain Russia could be in trouble. :scared:

Reactions: goldenlox

·
Registered
116,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's crazy to pick Vesnina over Zvonareva for this tie. Vera Z just beat Hantuchova and Sharapova in the last few weeks

1 - 20 of 526 Posts