Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could the results of early this season be an indicator that Maria will win her second slam this year? She made it to the semis, then the finals, and now has tucked a title away. She seems to be gaining momentum and the shoulder injury seems to be something she can deal with now.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bellascarlett said:
Watch her win Wimbledon this year. ;)

:lol: Hopefully I'm right...but I really have a good feeling about this.

That's the educated guess because of the surface, and the USO is also possible, she has a great game for that.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
well we can count the french out we all know her chance at winning that..if her serve is like it was 04 wimbledon she'll win it i mean her serve was so good then in that tourney it was the reason she won it.i really dont know if she'll win its a toss up with davenport venus mauresmo and her.one of them willwin it

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Well...its hard to say. If Venus is in form, she has to be the favorite for Wimbledon. Venus on grass is unbelievable.

Roland Garros is a stretch, but anything is possible. US Open would be a good win for her.

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
Krystell said:
That's the educated guess because of the surface, and the USO is also possible, she has a great game for that.
Correct. Maria has realistic chances to win Wimbledon and the US Open for the remainder of the year. Last year, she probably would have gotten to the final had she not met Kim earlier and she probably would have made it a more competitive final. But Kim was just due that slam win considering her great 2005 season.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I think that she will win another GS this year. ;) Wimbledon or USO i don't know. I just feel like it. :scratch: :shrug: It might be Wimbledon because she said that she wants to.
And she seems to get what she wants. :p

·
Premium Member
28,056 Posts
Maria will be a huge chance to win Wimbledon this year. It is her Forte playing on the grass but if she can stay healthy and confident the US open is well within reach

·
Premium Member
28,056 Posts
*Diva* said:
I dont think she'll get one. But if she does it wont be Wimbledon. Maybe the USO....Maybe!
Why do you say not Wimbledon she has a good a chance as any of the top players on that surface if not better than anyone.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Maria CAN win one this yeah but I'm not sure if she will! She is gonna need to make the break through again very soon though!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
It's possible, just as it was last year. I don't see her winning Roland Garros, especially with her difficulties against JHH. Wimby is her best shot, but that's also the best shot of a couple other ladies on tour, ie. Lindsay and Vee. If Vee is on and focused, the rest of the field doesn't have a shot, but we've only really had that once in 2 years. Throw in a possibly fit Serena, JHH, etc. and Wimby is going to be tough. I thought that Maria had a better shot at the AO than the USO this year. The AO surface suits her game better IMO with its high bounces. She could have problems at the USO with Kim, Mary, etc. Once again, it *could* happen, as she has a good shot. Unfortunately for her, there's about 8 other ladies that are just as capable of winning a slam now.

·
16,052 Posts
MightyMashaFan said:
Why do you say not Wimbledon she has a good a chance as any of the top players on that surface if not better than anyone.

Yes shes very good on grass and has a good shot at Wimbledon but I dont see her winning it this year. Becuase there are other players who are better on grass and I think would beat Sharapova on any given day. like Venus......Serena, Mauresmo and Henin-Hardenne

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
*Diva* said:
Yes shes good on grass. But there are other players who are better on grass and I think would beat Sharapova on any given day. like Venus,Serena,Mauresmo And Henin-Hardenne

sorry dont agree with this.maria played so good in 04 to win and absolutely destroyed serena and serena didnt play that bad it was more of maria playing so good.she can beat mauresmo and henin who isnt that good on grass.mauresmo can be though but shes beatable.so's venus alls maria has to do is play like she did in 04 and their are very few people who have a chance with her

·
Premium Member
28,056 Posts
*Diva* said:
Yes shes very good on grass and has a good shot at Wimbledon but I dont see her winning it this year. Becuase there are other players who are better on grass and I think would beat Sharapova on any given day. like Venus......Serena, Mauresmo and Henin-Hardenne
Venus and Serena cannot be considered as threats right now they are both totally lacking match play and arent fit but we will see come Wimbledon time

·
Registered
13,542 Posts
MightyMashaFan said:
She is one of the best grass court players but i think there are so many more better ones, she has a better chance at the USO
Best Grass Court Players
1.Venus
2.Serena
3.Davenport
4.Sharapova
5.Mauresmo

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Sharapova could really win any of the remainding slams if she doesn't have to face more than 2 top players.

If she does. Well, good luck.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
tennisguy21 said:
sorry dont agree with this.maria played so good in 04 to win and absolutely destroyed serena and serena didnt play that bad it was more of maria playing so good.she can beat mauresmo and henin who isnt that good on grass.mauresmo can be though but shes beatable.so's venus alls maria has to do is play like she did in 04 and their are very few people who have a chance with her
Dude, Henin is great on grass. She made the final there when she wasn't even close to the player she is now.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts