Tennis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suppose the thinking is that the early spring clay season, now in Latin America (Brazil will become a clay tournament), will have that much more impact on the later clay season, yanno, now that it's a "swing" and all :rolleyes:

They are messing with the summer hardcourt season AGAIN, moving everything around to compensate for the Olympics. What I want to know is, why the hell are they giving out ranking points for the Olympics?! Talk about not being able to defend your points :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They won't move Indian Wells & Miami because they are mixed events, and that would involve messing around with two calendars.

Dubai to California is probably as long a trip as Sopot to Montreal, and probably as horrible. Methinks Dubai won't get a quality field like usual, and neither will the summer events in the States -- LA up against Stuttgart, Indianapolis against Kitz, D.C. against the Olympics :eek:

And I know it's not a quality field, but how about poor old Delray Beach? It's up against a late clay event and the start of the new Asian swing, not to mention the week before Davis Cup semis. Talk about a spot not worth having . . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts