Tennis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
What a joke how short the season is to prepare for the French Open. I know it was suggested one zilliion times, but FO and Wimby should be played later in the year, so that way we can move back the useless post-wimbledon clay season before the French.

Davis cup should be every 2 years.

And what a good way to prepare for Indian Wells, by playing Acapulco or Dubai (so far away) the week before.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suppose the thinking is that the early spring clay season, now in Latin America (Brazil will become a clay tournament), will have that much more impact on the later clay season, yanno, now that it's a "swing" and all :rolleyes:

They are messing with the summer hardcourt season AGAIN, moving everything around to compensate for the Olympics. What I want to know is, why the hell are they giving out ranking points for the Olympics?! Talk about not being able to defend your points :rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
Why don't they play IW and KB a bit earlier and put the 4 clay Latin American tournement in march? That would make more sense.

I find funny the Dubai / Indian Wells schedule, I wonder how much times it takes in plane to travel that. I know it takes a lot of time to go for AO for a lot of players, but at least there is a GS there.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They won't move Indian Wells & Miami because they are mixed events, and that would involve messing around with two calendars.

Dubai to California is probably as long a trip as Sopot to Montreal, and probably as horrible. Methinks Dubai won't get a quality field like usual, and neither will the summer events in the States -- LA up against Stuttgart, Indianapolis against Kitz, D.C. against the Olympics :eek:

And I know it's not a quality field, but how about poor old Delray Beach? It's up against a late clay event and the start of the new Asian swing, not to mention the week before Davis Cup semis. Talk about a spot not worth having . . .

·
Premium Member
182,449 Posts
its summer in latin American in February and days are longer
thats why they are in Feb
those events used to be in Oct/Nov before.

about players moving from Dubai toi Indian Wells
the Dubai final is at the weekend
as Indian Wells is now a 10 day event, the top 32 seeds get byes so won't be in action until the Friday.

so plenty of time
Dubai will still get LOTS of big players cos of appearance money and also as its a 300 ESP/60 C-Race event.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts