Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone here go last year?

I'm trying to plan a trip to Cali this year and go to the championships toward the beginning of the tourny.

Also my sister (non tennis fan) is going so I hope to find a weekend spa type thing to go to. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I don't even know what city the tourny is in LA right? I don't have macromedia or something installed so I can't view the information on the tour championship web site!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,741 Posts
WtaTour4Ever said:
Did anyone here go last year?

I'm trying to plan a trip to Cali this year and go to the championships toward the beginning of the tourny.

Also my sister (non tennis fan) is going so I hope to find a weekend spa type thing to go to. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I don't even know what city the tourny is in LA right? I don't have macromedia or something installed so I can't view the information on the tour championship web site!!
Yes it is in LA, it's at the staples center, where the Lakers play their home games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,257 Posts
I went last year and went to every single match and it was AMAZING!!! Don't buy tickets ahead of time. If it is the same as last year, you can get 1/2 off tickets (or two for the price of one) at the box office. Get the cheapest tickets and then just make your way down to the front row. :p :p It's at the Staple Centre where the Lakers play. Right in the financial district area. Very easy to get to. Right in LA, not a suburb. Don't know of any spas but hey, this is LA!!! You can find EVERYTHING there!!! I totally encourage you to go! You'll be able to meet every player. I EASILY got autographs. I got Serena's autograph three times and Monica's autograph twice! :worship: Monica even chatted with me a bit. I almost proposed to her but then she had to go get her trophy for the Sanex Hero of the Year! :sad: But I think she was getting ready to say yes to my proposal! ;) Imagine...I could be Mr. Monica Seles right now! :p Oh well...anyhow, I recommend it!!! :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,881 Posts
vs1, how did you get autographs? When I went, I felt totally isolated from the players...sitting way back in timbuktu :p

Did manage to get a picture with Pam Shriver, but had to race to catch her as she was leaving the staple center ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,114 Posts
vs1 said:
I got Serena's autograph three times and Monica's autograph twice! :worship: Monica even chatted with me a bit. I almost proposed to her but then she had to go get her trophy for the Sanex Hero of the Year! :sad: But I think she was getting ready to say yes to my proposal! ;) Imagine...I could be Mr. Monica Seles right now! :p Oh well...anyhow, I recommend it!!! :)
:worship:

Maybe I should do that instead of my proposals by post - at least then I'd get a reply :( ;).
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
25,876 Posts
Don't buy tickets ahead of time. If it is the same as last year, you can get 1/2 off tickets (or two for the price of one) at the box office
That's smart VS and congrats to you:) but it shows me just how far the tour championships have sunk since moving out of the Garden.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,431 Posts
vs1 , you are so lucky :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,216 Posts
Rollo said:
That's smart VS and congrats to you:) but it shows me just how far the tour championships have sunk since moving out of the Garden.
I agree- I miss the tournament at Madison Square Garden, even though I never thought watching a yellow tennis ball against a light blue carpet background and white lines was all that great for viewing tennis, let alone the TV coverage. Hey, here's a thought: move the U.S. Open out West to, let's say, Pasadena, and move the WTA championships back to the Garden! Think anyone in White Plains is ready to make the move? :bounce:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top