Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Fed Cup Finals Match Schedule Announced

9/10/03 8:17 PM

The International Tennis Federation announced on Wednesday, September 10 the match schedule for the Semifinals and Final of the 2003 Fed Cup World Group.

Belgium, Russia, France and the United States have qualified for the competition scheduled to take place at the Olympic Stadium in Moscow, Russia from Wednesday, November 19 thru Sunday, November 23.

The United States Fed Cup Team captained by Billie Jean King will meet Belgium, the 2001 Fed Cup Champions in the first semifinal on Wednesday. Two singles matches are scheduled for that session.

Host nation Russia will face France in the second session on Wednesday.

The semfinals and final will be the best of five matches: four singles and one doubles. Each match will be the best of three sets and will be played on indoor carpet.

The 2003 Fed Cup World Group Semifinals/Final Schedule

11/19 Belgium vs. USA (2 singles matches)
11/19 Russia vs. France (2 singles matches)

11/20 Belgium vs. USA (2 singles matches, 1 doubles match)
11/20 Russia vs. France (2 singles matches, 1 doubles match)

11/21 Rest Day

11/22 Final Day 1 -- Winners of Semifinals (2 singles matches)

11/23 Final Day 2 -- Winner of Semifinals (2 singles matches, 1 doubles match)

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Thanks Tennisace! :D

·
Banned
596 Posts
Belgium vs USA, i think it's gonna be a blowout:)

Russia vs France, France, is Amelie and everyone else,
Russia aint got no one against healthy Amelie,
but they do have the edges in doubles,
so it'll be a cool match

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
Wow! A United States-Belgium semi. That show be very interesting of who plays it. Russia and France should not be as competitive as Amelie is the only GREAT player in the country.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
I think Kim & Juju will play for BEL. I wonder who will join in for USA. It could be a really great event!!!

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
I thought I read that Kim C. isn't going to play fed cup cause its in Russia and not belgium?

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
Lol, Kim wont be playing, and Justine probably wont either. It's gonna be a really exciting Fedcup yeah... :yawn:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Yep Russia got the event but didn't get the players to go with it!

On the bright side, this greatly increases their chance take the title.

·
Registered
677 Posts
kim won't play 'cos she's angry for itf decision to take the finals place in russia just for a matter of money and not in belgium where the crowds could have been numerous.
personally,she's right.kim is always right.

·
Registered
677 Posts
usa r without willies,i think.davenport and seles as well.the coach is still mad at jenny and jenny at her.who's going to play???
these finals could have been really exciting with the top players but if they won't take up,where's teh excitement???

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
maryjane said:
kim won't play 'cos she's angry for itf decision to take the finals place in russia just for a matter of money and not in belgium where the crowds could have been numerous.
personally,she's right.kim is always right.
well, if next year the FedCup in Belgium, Russia should send this team (I'm sure Russia will get to the final):

SMIRNOVA, IRINA
NEFEDOVA, ANNA EUGENIA
OSTAPENKO, EKATERINA

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
LOL @ tennace.

Well, i've read that neither Justine and Kim are going to play, and if the Williams sisters are going to be injured, I think the semifinals might be
Chanda Rubin vs. Els Callens
Meghann shaughnessey vs. Kristen Flipkens

I just hope Russia makes it to the final for the sake of the crowd there!

·
Premium Member
182,028 Posts
tenn_ace said:
well, if next year the FedCup in Belgium, Russia should send this team (I'm sure Russia will get to the final):

SMIRNOVA, IRINA
NEFEDOVA, ANNA EUGENIA
OSTAPENKO, EKATERINA
:tape: :tape: great thinking :devil: :devil:

mishar..... semis are 4 singles so they play reverse singles
personally i'd like to see 1 player play 1 match each :angel:

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
Belgium team will probably: Els Callens, Kirsten Flipkens, (Elke Clijsters), Caroline Maes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts