Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which was better? Hard for me to call right now. I think Henin-Hardenne and Jenn's match had more DRAMA. But Hingis-Venus had drama as well (not as much) but it had better quality, fewer UE's, loads of winners, incredible points. Which one would you pick?

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Hingis-Venus, that was such a great match!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I say Hingis-Venus because it wasn't quite as up and down as this one..I think this one was mostly drama. Also, Hingis-Venus is a more appealing match-up in my mind so I am very partial.

The longer this match went on, the more I felt for both players because of how hard it will be to come back tomorrow against Kim...so hopefully this match will not be in vain, but if it is, it will, in my mind, tarnish my memory of it.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Neither can hold a candle to the 1991 USO Semi... but of the 2 that you listed, 2003, without doubt.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
such double standards here :rolleyes:

as a Martina fan, this Justine vs. Jenn match eclipses slightly the 99 and 00 semifinal matches, definitely a real emotional rollercoaster and you can't deny that.

I would say that Jen and Monica 91 Semis and Justine vs. Jen Semis 03 are the two best US Open women's matches I've ever seen;)

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
hingis-venus. Their rivalry was more intriguing and overall the quality was higher. This one was so up and down, even though i guess both matches had its strong pts.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Hingis/Venus for sure seesaw battle with more winners than errors. Great rallies on lots of points. No choking, just great play.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Venus/Hingis was a higher quality I think. Venus hot like 51 winners and 47 unforced errors, and I think both ladies tonight had more errors than winners...

And the rallies were longer, ending on amazing shots.

But I admit that shot with Henin down 4-5 30-30(I think) when Jenn hit a deep backhand down the line and Justine thru up that mishit lob and won the point, that was about as amazing as Venus' backhand winner down the line off Martina's overhead at 3-5 15-30 third set. :D

·
Banned
191 Posts
Knizzle said:
Hingis/Venus for sure seesaw battle with more winners than errors. Great rallies on lots of points. No choking, just great play.
:lol: Hingis had never hit a worse smash in her career! :lol:

Anyway, the 99 semis were the best for pure clean quality of play.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts