Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never have understood the scheduling of the French and Wimbledon so close together. I know that the grass court is more rare or whatever, but still, I have to wonder if that is an adequate amount of time for those who do well at Roland Garros.

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
20 days only :woohoo:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I cant wait for clay to be out of my life for another year.
Wimbledon is by far my favourite tournament of the year so Im very excited. My favourites usually do well at Wimbledon as well.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Can't wait, it feels like ages since Martina last played!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
:lol: I love how we are all so excited about it. I wonder how clay-lovers feel right about now? :lol:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Reactions: Viktymise

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
:lol: I love how we are all so excited about it. I wonder how clay-lovers feel right about now? :lol:
I guess they are all excited because ... ITS ON TO THE 2nd WEEK! :)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I like Wimbledon too, but yeah I do agree that they are way too close together...

·
Banned
10,668 Posts
Disappointed. :lol: Clay is my favorite surface, and I just never really got grass. Oh well, four weeks of the year isn't bad. Even if I'm not fond of grass I do think it should be longer than a month. Delete the indoor carpet season and make a longer grass season I say.

·
Registered
115,306 Posts
I love the first non-rain day, when the courts are totally green.

·
King
28,858 Posts
One of the weeks is usually sunny, the other is usually wet, thats the trend thats been happening over the past few years :p

·
Registered
959 Posts
Im just asking for 1 match.. 1 match on the screen in ESPN... Im diying too to watch Martina on court after months :bounce:..

and yep.. sure williams fans must be excited abt Wimbledom too.. cause both girls will play and what a record for those girls..

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
I also can`t wait til Wimbledon. I never get tired of seeing those nice green pastures. :)

·
Art & Futures
20,905 Posts
it [the grass season] needs one more week and a tier I.

the oz open doesn't need more time because it's like a good grand slam to see who decided to get fat over the winter (or summer if you reside in the southern hemisphere)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts