Tennis Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
Lindsay will beat Kim in three sets.
Lindsay will take the first and third.

Kim's opponent's up til' now have had the ability but not the mental fortitude. Lindsay's foot is fine and she has been playing well. Lindsay doesn't move as well as Kim but Lindsay has been here before and Kim hasn't. I think Lindsay will rise to the occasion and once again Kim will succom to the pressure as she did both times at the Aussie Open and Wimbledon(matches she should've won).

·
Registered
418 Posts
Kim in 2 close sets

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,687 Posts
I think that Lindsay has a chance-it's US OPEN her favourite tournament and she is going to give everything she can to win the title!I am sure she will fight for every ball!!!
Go Lindsay!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I don't want to sound like I've given up on Lindsay because she is a champion and she can play great...

I predict that Kim will win this SF match pretty convincingly. Kim has been playing great and she's had some tough opponents. Her attitude is wonderful and she's shown that she can tolerate the many interruptions and remain focused.

This is tennis and anything can happen on any day...but if nothing super weird happens, then I see Kim advancing to the finals (and hopefully emerging as the new US Open Women's Champion!!!).

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
QUEENLINDSAY said:
Kim has the edge, but i would call it just a confidence edge.

Once Lindsay showed her A game, theres nothing Kim could do.

Lindsay in 2 or if 3 sets, Kim might take it, depends on how long the match is.

Come on Lindsay!!!!
Does Lindsay have an A game against Kim? I havent seen it in their last three meetings. This is not a flippant question by the way.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,053 Posts
I would love Lindsay to win but I think Kim has the edge:sad:

Go Lindsay:)

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Don't give Linds a big chance but she has one! It's maybe her last chance to get into the final in NY (depends on what she is going to do of course) so she will be motivated. Kim hadn4t a good match against Momom she played ok but there were not many rally's because of Momo's errors; Maybe this will effect her game a bit? ... I think Kim wins this but never say never againt a player like Linds

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Lixchris I never said I thought Kim was going to win, and have never used an y rain dely as an excuse for any loss.

I was just pointing out you don't pick Kim to win much

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Is there a need to ask this question!!!

in this case, the ranking is enough to explain!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I can't see Lindsay winning this one. Kim is a very smart player who knows what it takes to beat Lindsay. She knows Lindsay's weakness and she will exploit it. Last time I watched them play, Kim did everything right. She has the firepower and strength to move Lindsay around consistently. To top it off, she's playing with so much confidence right now. I don't think she will choke at all. I'll go with Kim in two easy sets. Probably 6-3, 6-3

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
People say Lindsay played badly against Suarez? Suarez took a set off Lindsay in LA. Lindsay won this one 64 60. I call that pretty convincing. Lindsay took a set off Kim in LA, and her foot was hurting. If her foot holds up, she has a decent chance of winning.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
This is not a question of who will win. What counts is: will Kim actually wear a silver dress :unsure:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts