Tennis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
I wonder whether Lindsay intends to play from start to finish, or play for the first few games, then if it's going wrong act like a 27 year-old junior player, drop her shoulders, show Kim "it's over".....then kiss and grin at the net like a gracious loser?

Lindsay has been a waste of time this year relative to what she's capable of. She's making up the numbers in the top 10 these days. If she can't improve her attitude in the US Open semis, she may as well do what she's been hinting at.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Oh come on now.

Lindsay has defeated herself in too many matches this year. If her foot's not good enough, she wouldn't play. Way back in Indian Wells her attitude in the final against Kim was diabolical, but against Kim in LA it was ten times worse. She virtually looked like she'd thrown in the towel at some stages. The commentators and the crowd were shocked.

That is not the attitude of a player with serious ambitions left in the game.

I think Lindsay is STILL the player most capable of troubling Venus and Serena. She hits the ball like no other, with Seles perhaps the exception. But if Lindsay wins the US Open, much as I've loved watching her over the years, she'll simply be winning it for old times' sake, with Serena returning to thrash her in their next meeting.

But I can't see that happening anyway. Lindsay doesn't have the grit required to pull her game together in tense matches against top players.

I remember Sabatini went through Lindsay's stage from around 1993 to 1995, her last full year before retirement. She was by then nothing more than a consistent top ten player, continuing more from habit than anything else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.