Tennis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's be honest; Kim has the edge here, plus she has beaten Lindsay every time they have played this year. However, this is the semi of the US Open and the home crowd is going to be rooting very hard for Lindsay and that may affect Kim, who has only performed well at the FO semifinal in Grand Slam semis. Plus, there will be pressure on her to get to the final since she is the number one without a Grand Slam and Lindsay will have nothing to lose since she few expect her to win and this is her last tournament of the year.

Having said that, my prediction is:

Lindsay in two tough sets (this also depends on how her foot is doing, which seems to be doing fine).

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kim&lleytonrule said:
You picked Mauresmo to beat Kim as well
Because I thought she would play the way she was playing the last week, but I was wrong.

I know you are a Kim fan, but I really don't think she is going to win this US Open. I am no Justine fan, butr this is hers to lose. Kim should have been in the AO final, but chocked to Serena. She should have won the Wimbledon semfinal against an injured Venus, but was outplayed in the last set (?, don't use the rain delay as an excuse). As with the AO and Wimbeldon, she had to battlee past Grand Slam champions and couldn't. To win the USO, she will have to do the same and sorry, Lindsay or Justine will come out on top.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.