Tennis Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet they always complain about the ue the sisters make. Serena and Venus has never made a 112 unforce when they play each other. Why don't the commentators talk about that like they always do with V&S. I don't know what the hell was so classic about a match where the opponets committed 112 ue. Look at the stats.

·
Registered
20,498 Posts
or get a life... the last 2-3 times sisters played, nobody complained about the quality, ue, because they were fighting... when there is a fight, ups and downs in the match, people never complain

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
tenn_ace said:
or get a life... the last 2-3 times sisters played, nobody complained about the quality, ue, because they were fighting... when there is a fight, ups and downs in the match, people never complain
Really?! I guess you don´t read Bob Larson´s tennisletter, because he ALWAYS complains about the ufe´s when the sisters play each other, but when others play and make MORE ufe´s than the sisters...it´s a classic?! Pluuuzzz!!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
In the semi final match between Justine and Jen it was obvious, even the comentators stated it... that the stats were celarly wrong. There were not that many UNforced errors in the match they were also counting forced errors by mistake.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Darran said:
In the semi final match between Justine and Jen it was obvious, even the comentators stated it... that the stats were celarly wrong. There were not that many UNforced errors in the match they were also counting forced errors by mistake.
And the sisters only make ufe´s?!

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
irma said:
there was only one player who could hit 66 unforced errors and was called great, that when she lost when she did it and won she sucked :eek:
who´s that player?! Retired, active?!

·
Team WTAworld, Administrator, aka Nibbler
11,293 Posts
alleycat said:
Yet they always complain about the ue the sisters make. Serena and Venus has never made a 112 unforce when they play each other. Why don't the commentators talk about that like they always do with V&S. I don't know what the hell was so classic about a match where the opponets committed 112 ue. Look at the stats.
Well the Williams sisters have never played such a long three setter against eachother. In Melbourne this year though, they made 105 UE's in the final, a match won by Serena 7-6 3-6 6-4.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Josh said:
Well the Williams sisters have never played such a long three setter against eachother. In Melbourne this year though, they made 105 UE's in the final, a match won by Serena 7-6 3-6 6-4.
The Williams ufe´s thing, is blown way out of proportion. Their first few matches were error-laiden, but since last year they barely have combined for 60 ufe´s in their matches.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
irma said:
nah I am talking about french open 92. I always come with that match :lol:

I am hopeless :p
:lol: You see, I was thinking about the right one!

·
Registered
713 Posts
After watching the epic Capriati-Henin-Hardenne match, most of the UEs were actually forced. The statisticians were having a very off day.

·
Team WTAworld, Administrator, aka Nibbler
11,293 Posts
bandabou said:
The Williams ufe´s thing, is blown way out of proportion. Their first few matches were error-laiden, but since last year they barely have combined for 60 ufe´s in their matches.
Indeed, but those were all quick straight set wins for Serena so naturally you will have less UE in a straight set match than in a match that goes to 4-6 7-5 7-6.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If that was Vee or Ree playing that match last night it would have never went that long. They would have closed it out with a couple of aces. That match went into saturday morning. Have Serena or Venus ever played a 3 hr match against another opponent? They are really missed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.