13 DEVI, Marutha IND 15 Sep 03
14 SEPTRITA, Nina INA 15 Sep 03
15 CHIN, Seul-Ki KOR 22 Sep 03
16 DAMAYANTI, Ayu-Fani INA 24 Sep 03MD WILDCARD
17 $ BEZAKOVA, Kristina SVK 23 Sep 03
18 $ KHUNPITAK, Punchanok THA 19 Sep 03
19 $ UCHIDA, Yuko JPN 19 Sep 03

:confused: Why are Ayu, Maya and Septi in the withdrawal lists :(

Pretty strong compared to the previous 2 tourneys. Good Luck to the Indonesian players. No Chin Bee, no Chia Jung and no Chin Wei :(

·
Registered
11,917 Posts
Shine On Silver Moon said:
Septi, Maya and Ayu not withdrawn - read it carefully in the list above, it says MD WILDCARD - I have the feeling they would get WCs! ;)
Adji, will you be going? :confused:

Good to see Septi, Maya & Ayu getting the WCs. They deserve it the most. :)

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Most likely not!

danker said:
Adji, will you be going? :confused:

Good to see Septi, Maya & Ayu getting the WCs. They deserve it the most. :)
danker, I just got back from business trip yesterday and now I am busy with all the reports...I may go tomorrow and Monday but then I will be gone to Eastern Indonesia for 3 days! Hopefully, I still can catch QF then! Keep my fingers cross! :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Strange, I wonder why Sania is playing a $10K again? After having won so many $10K titles I would have thought she would concentrate on making the leap to the $25K level... Perhaps she's looking for some easy points (though this list is tough enough that she'll have her hands full)?

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
No need to be here!

Kimmie's_Boy said:
No Chia-Jung :sad:
IMO, Chia Jung Chuang is smart not to play here since 10K is not her level anymore! On the other hand, she must be tired after Asian Championships in Tashkent and I have the confidence that she will be the winner anyhow! Chuang needs to raise her game level by playing 25K or higher - she has the quality to be in top 200!!! ;)

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Shine On Silver Moon said:
danker, I just got back from business trip yesterday and now I am busy with all the reports...I may go tomorrow and Monday but then I will be gone to Eastern Indonesia for 3 days! Hopefully, I still can catch QF then! Keep my fingers cross! :)
Hello Adji, :worship:
Glad to know many Thai girls are playing. It would be great if you could say "Sawasdee" on my behalf.
Good luck May,Paw Pow, Gift, Ploy, Mam, Kaew(Varanya), and Khanita.

:kiss: :hearts: :kiss:

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Qualifying results!!!

As I have metnioned before, I am very busy with all my work reports so I could not go to the tournament - but just now, I called up the tournament office at Jakarta Hilton Executive Club and the person I talked with, Mr Zul told me that there are only 19 players in qualifying round. :eek: :eek:

1st round Q:
Yuan Meng (CHN), Febri Joana (INA), Patricia Soesilo (INA), Astri Purnawati (INA), Rosidah Kusuma Dewi (INA), Golda Rubina (INA), Yukiko Tagami (JPN), Inga Kerkhoven (NED), Nadya Kartika (INA), Aleta Sungkono (INA), Lavinia Tananta (INA), Rowena Baierl (NED) & Novianti Warsono (INA) all received byes!!! :wavey:

Only 3 matches of 1st round:
Denise "Anis" Harijanto (INA) d Marike Gunawan (INA) 60 61 :bounce:
Mia Sacca (INA) d Aya Oasa (JPN) 76(2) 60 :cool:
Mega Sukmawati (INA) d Matulanda "Lala" Lumanauw (INA) 76(8) 63

2nd round or final qualifying:
Meng Yuan (CHN) d Febri "Jojo" Joana (INA) 60 61 :(
* Yuan is the only player with WTA ranking in Q round, WTA 796! ;)
Golda Rubina (INA) d Nadya Kartika (INA) 60 61
Aleta Sungkono (INA) d Inga Kerkhouven (NED) 60 62 :bounce:
Novianti Warsono (INA) d Yukiko Tagami (JPN) 60 60 :eek:
Lavinia Tananta (INA) d Rowena Baierl (NED) 36 60 64 ;)

Rowena Baierl from Holland is half Indonesian. Her mother is Moluccan - one of many tribes in Indonesia! :)
Mia Sacca is a 14 yo player to watch! She has been coached by Yayuk Basuki! :bounce:

Main Draw will be out late afternoon tomorrow!!! MD's 1st round will begin on Tuesday, September 30th, 2003 - the day I am leaving for Eastern Indonesia - so, I hope Toto will update the results for you! :cool:

Jiro, if I can make it tomorrow - I will send your regards to all Thai players!!! :wavey:

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
only Hassinger are non-asian... :eek:

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Denise :woohoo: :bounce: Good luck in the next round
Mia :bounce: :bounce:
Jojo :( :mad:
Aleta :).. how old is she?
Golda :D :D
Lavinia :) I think she's also talented.. No?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Info from Adjie.
Denise Harijanto d. Patricia Soesilo 61 62
Mia Sacca d. Astri Poernawati 76 63
Mega d. Rosidah Kusumadewi 61 57 63

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
I went there today!

Sashta LixFe said:
Denise :woohoo: :bounce: Good luck in the next round
Mia :bounce: :bounce:
Jojo :( :mad:
Aleta :).. how old is she?
Golda :D :D
Lavinia :) I think she's also talented.. No?
Felix, to answer ur questions... ;) Denise will be 16 yo on January 16th, 2004 :D I got there on time when Denise just started her 1st set...I was sitting in center court of Jakarta Hilton Executive Club together with Agustina Wibisono - Denise's or known as Anis' coach along with Mam...It was great seeing Mam again! I gave ur best regards to her, JIRO! :cool: Mam stays at Anis' house in Jakarta... :wavey: Anyhow, Anis played quite strong with her powerful strokes to make Patricia run all over the court! I was impressed with Pat since she was quite a fighter despite of her overweight body...BTW, Pat will be 16 yo also on April 13, 2004! 1st set Anis was in control all the way with her progress in mixing her game...nice to see her like that!Anis took the opening set, 6-1! Then in 2nd set, Anis began to slip a bit and she seemed lack of focus...she had several DFs and got broken though still led 2-1! Eventually she regrouped herself and showed her powerful FH along with fast serve for a 15 yo girl! :eek: She closed the match, 6-2! She was not happy with her game after the match when I congratulated her...Good luck in MD! :)

Then, Gift came by with Ploy and a coach...I sent ur regards to Gift, Jiro! :wavey: I did not talk to Ploy since she was busy with her coach...I saw Varanya from distance also... :D

The other 2 matches, Mia v Astri was quite okay and match btw Rosidah v Mega was quite boring, I think! :( Mia (May 28, 1989), Astri from Sukoharjo/Solo (Sept. 30th, 1987), Rosidah from Jakarta (April 25, 1986) and Mega from Yogyakarta same as Mia (Aug. 10, 1987)...

Drawing for MD will be done not before 5 PM later this afternoon! :bounce:

I managed to say hello to Aleta (Dec. 18, 1984) and Ayu who was about to practice... :wavey:

Well, tomorrow I will be away for 3 days and I cannot wait to see QF then! Au revoir! :wavey:

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
More for Felix!

Golda? She is very small...she is a fighter though and she reminds me of Romana...she plays consistently but lack of power...Born July 11, 1988! :D

Lavinia...yes, she is talented IMO - persistent also but still lack of power! Born Nov. 3, 1987! :)

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Thanks Adji, :worship: for forwarding my message to Mam,Gift and Ploy

Could you please forward one more message to Mam if you meet her again. I sent Mam's pictures via e-mail to her. (She asked me to send her pictures when I met her last week in Thailand Open.) But it seems like her mail box is fulled. Could you please tell her to make her mail box empty.
Thanks and have a nice business trip. :worship:

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Djie for all the reports ;)

Can u send my regards to every indonesian players :p especially to liza,wukir,sandy,septi,maya,denise and ayu :woohoo:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts