Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very pleased with the scoreline, this is a good way to start, Dinara! :bounce:

This was surprisingly a break fest. Both girls usually are extremely solid servers, not sure what happened. Oh well, I'll take a straight set win. :D

·
Registered
11,378 Posts
Ah, bad luck Sam.

You can't expect too much from her considering her overseas form last year. She won her first match, and lost to Dinara, who's a fine player. Good effort.

·
Premium Member
181,943 Posts
Oafette :yeah: :D :)
alot easier than expected.

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
Oafette :yeah: :D :)
alot easier than expected.
I watched it and it looked a lot closer than the score. Dinara wasn;t really dominating. I was surprised how she doesn;t go to the net AT ALL. Stosur was stretched on quite a few occasions giving Dinara good put-aways if Dinara has gone to the net. Dinara just enevr did. :rolleyes: A big improvement in Dinara's game, I thought, was her being much more focused. No tantrums, no frustration - just play.

Well done, anyways!

·
Registered
827 Posts
:woohoo:

·
Registered
630 Posts
tenn_ace said:
I watched it and it looked a lot closer than the score. Dinara wasn;t really dominating. I was surprised how she doesn;t go to the net AT ALL. Stosur was stretched on quite a few occasions giving Dinara good put-aways if Dinara has gone to the net. Dinara just enevr did. :rolleyes: A big improvement in Dinara's game, I thought, was her being much more focused. No tantrums, no frustration - just play.

Well done, anyways!
Thanks for report! :cool: :p

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Is her face better already?? :shrug:

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
btw, congrats safina!! :bounce:

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
dinara :yeah: :D

stosur is a fine player, so that's a great scoreline :)

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
Sam! You took a set off Nicole, you should be able to beat Safina... :sad: At least I can see that Sam is improving, the talent is definitely there. I hope Sammy can do well at Miami! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts