Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a good match, but Venus was making too many erros. She'll have to clean up her game for tomorrow, especially if she plays Lindsay, who isn't going to serve 14 DF's like Amy did.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW, Venus is 5-0 in semifinals at the BOTW, includng today's match.

·
Registered
883 Posts
14 Df No Way

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Solid match from Venus. She came up with the goods when she needed it and ended the match agressively. Really cleaned her game up in that second set. Congrats Venus. Good luck in the final.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Way to go Venus
And good luck in your next tournament Amy

are their any stats for the match?

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool bird said:
14 Df No Way
Yes way!

She served her last DF to give Venus a 15-30 lead.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,168 Posts
Yeah, Amy's serves caught up with her.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Venus played average. But she always haves an off match, hopefully this is it.
Lets hope she can get back into her form of last night, where she only lost 4 points in the first set! :eek:

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
lizchris said:
It was a good match, but Venus was making too many erros. She'll have to clean up her game for tomorrow, especially if she plays Lindsay, who isn't going to serve 14 DF's like Amy did.
Seems Smokin' Frazier Failed to capitalize On Opportunities then, losing 3/4 of the games. @ least she Took The CCCP (Criminal Controlled Crazy Player, not Russian initials for the USSR) :p out yesterday, though. ;)

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Careless 1st set from Vee, but she stepped it up in the 2nd. Well done.Now stay focused and take that title tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Amy is such a good sport! She gave Venus back an incorrect call on Venus' serve at 40-love that put her down 0-4!! :worship:

Some good rallies, but too many errors from the forehand wing from Venus, but that's to be expected.

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
i think this is the most positie match i've seen from venus in a long time. she was so happy and did everything so well, or at least very solid. amy hit incredible shots to get the few games that she did, but venus was very steady, and i liked it. i thought it was an entertaining match in the first set, personally. frazier has so much fight and power, man! if she could get rid of a lot of the double faults i think we would have seen a third set.
good luck venus in the final!
and best of luck to frazier in her next tournament! she's got a good start on the us open series, and hopefully she can make a few more runs. get the df's lower, amy, we know you have no variety on the serves but get em in!

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
JollyRoger said:
Seems Smokin' Frazier Failed to capitalize On Opportunities then, losing 3/4 of the games. @ least she Took The CCCP (Criminal Controlled Crazy Player, not Russian initials for the USSR) :p out yesterday, though. ;)
You are nuts!!!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
a lot of people have said her last three opponents could beat her...and she's lost what, 9 games?

hopefully the Venus i know and love is here to stay. cuz i can't take many more of those disappointing losses.

win that title V. 3 titles for the year plz :)

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Congrats, Vee! Good luck tomorrow.

Amy, well what can I say!! Keep on playing. The money is pretty good: $170,000 in half a year ain't bad at all compared to avg salaries for professionals.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Venus played solid maybe things would have been more tricky if Amy had served better but it was a good win for her some nice rallies from both players.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts