Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Welcome to the first National Tennis tournament, the tennis circuit by country! This week we will have the country's world number one, who can achieve this?

Good luck to all

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
: Lindsay Davenport
: Irini Georgatou
:
: Ana Ivanovic
: Dinara Safina
: Tamira Paszek
: Aiko Nakamura
Su-Wei Hsieh
: Shahar Peer
: Andrea Petkovic
: Kirsten Flipkens
:Ajla Tomljanovic
: Daniela Hantuchova
: Nicole Vaidisova
: Maret Ani
: Corina Dentoni

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Corina Dentoni (ITA) vs Kirsten Flipkens (BEL)
Shahar Peer (ISR) vs Tamira Paszek (AUT)
Aiko Nakamura (JAP) vs Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE)
Irini Georgatou (GRE) vs Maret Ani (EST)
Nicole Vaidisova (CZE) vs Andrea Petkovic (ALE)
Ajla Tomljanovic (CRO) vs Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
Francia vs Ana Ivanovic (SRB)
Lindsay Davenport (USA) vs Dinara Safina (RUS)​

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Articles Competition

As writing articles is a very good way to express players' feelings, and other players would also like to read them, so we have a competiton now to let the players that write articles to get some really good prize.

Remember this
The defination of an article = A picture with AT LEAST 4 lines of WORDS

Articles Count-

Tamira Paszek (2)
Corina Dentoni (1)
Irini Georgatou (1)
Shahar Peer (1)

Prize=
Winner(s): An extra 130 in each sets instead of a 10
First-runner up(s): An extra 120 in each sets instead of a 20

·
Registered
194 Posts
For your country

The young Austrian Tamira Paszek, reaches its first tournament circuit in hopes of being the new world number one, leaving Austria as the best country in the world.
In its commitment will not be easy, in the first round will have a rival to the country of Israel.

- I arrived to Australia to be the world's number one, I give my best tennis and get --

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Georgatou To Open The Season For Greece
GOLD COAST, Australia- Greek number 4, Irini Georgatou is ready to open up the TN season for Greece. She will play an Estonian player in the first round in Gold Coast. Georgatou said "I am very honored to be representing my country here. It will not be easy, but I think I can do it. I have been practicing very heard ever since I got here on Wednesday. I'm anxious to play".
Georgatou during training:

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OMG! 2 articles! :banana: i think that this have got extra ranking!

·
Registered
20,911 Posts
Corinna debuts for Italian team

Gold Coast, Australia - Italian teenager Corinna Dentoni arrived in Australia today where she'll play at Mondial Australian Women's Hardcourts in Gold Coast. Corinna said she's very excited for begin the season for Italian team in National Cup.

"Ciao I'm very excited for this tournament because the Italian coach chosed me for begin the tour for our team. Flavia, Karin and Francy are training for the next tournaments. I hope to play a good level here. Grazie

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hello,dulkogii,Chinese Taipei's abbreviation is TPE.

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, thanks, i dont know how! thanks for your help!

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Shahar Peer Ready to Represent Team Israel

Team members Tzipora Obziler (Front Left), Shahar Peer (Front Center) and Anna Smashnova (Front Right) hold up and Israeli flag with their trainers and managers of Team Israel.

Team Israel has elected Shahar Peer to represent them in women's singles at the Mondial Australian Women's Hardcourt's tournament in Gold Coast Australia as the first tournament of the Tennis National circut. In her first round match, Peer will face Tamira Paszek of Team Austria. Shahar Peer was able to give a few words about her feelings on her first round match against Paszek.

"I'm very exciting to be playing and representing my country in the tour's first tournament. I've never played against Tamira but I am expecting a good and exciting match. From what I hear she's a very good player so I'm going to bring my best and try and come out with the win for my team. Gold Coast is a very beautiful place and I'd like to stay here longer. -Laughs-"

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Aiko Nakamura will beggin for Japan ;)

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
Serbia will open with Ana Ivanovic

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19