Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Season 1 Week 5: BNP Paribas Open (Premier)

Indian Wells, CA, USA
Surface: Hardcourt/Outdoors

Points Due; Monday- March, 9 at 6pm (USA Eastern Time)​

Tournament Schedule:
Monday: Points due/Round of 32 Results
Tuesday: Top Half Round of 16 Results
Wednesday: Quarterfinal Results
Thursday: Semifinal Results
Friday: Final Result​

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Player Of The Week Is............​

Amanda Coetzer!!​

Congratulations Amanda! You earned 5 extra points per set this week!​

(Amanda earned this rewared for writing articles during her semifinal debut last week in Pattaya City.)​

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
Jidkova vs. Benesova :spit: :drool: :devil:

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
Jidkova about FWTL life

Russian Alina Jidkova, former FWTL number one, has arrived to Indian Wells with 5-4 record so far. The tour legend who won the openning event in Brisbane struggled to score a victory in any match after her title. The 32 years old players has explained that the combination of circamstances prevented her from domination in all 4 events.

"After winning Brisbane in absolutely stunning manner I was a bit tired and discouraged, - said Jidkova. You know I am not 20 years old girl anymore and it takes much time to have a good rest and prepare for next match. I think I need to work on fitness really hard and I hope it can bring good results again. In Melbourne however I was ready to beat just like everyone but someone poisoned my food I think cause I felt so bad during the match and my stomach was gonna explode. Who could do that? There so many haters on tour who are ready for everything including food poisoning to win a match. Do you think Sharapova or de Brito dominate just because they play stunning tennis? You are wrong then. They just have mafia along with them. I am sure this criminal elements are among the players and poison food everytime they have a chance. You know I saw once Mirza was threatened by a man in mask besided the training court in Pattaya. He demanded her to withdraw from event and poor Sania who had so much of potential to become top 25 player had to retire from tennis. Who was interested in that? Let's look at the rank and we'll see who got 30 points by winning nothing? Who can win by walkovers only? Okay, you all realize whom I am speaking about. Anyway I have security now all over the place and though some girls look at me like I'm sick I don't care."

Jidkova also mentioned the competition became closer since the openning event.

"In Brisbane we had no leaders and the girls didn't know what they were capable of cause they had no practise and they didn't have a chance to compare themselves to anyone. After Brisbane they realized what oportunities they had and what parts of game to improve, so at the moment most of players are just like at their best.Michelle's and Maria';s consistency of great results just scary me to be honest. Maybe Steven should check them on drugs. I have to say I used drugs while playing old FWTL tour and I actually won San Diego in season 1 smoking marijuana after every match. So i suppose these two young chicks do the same. They must be banned and all their money devided between fair players."

Already in airport Jidkova was informed she would play Iveta Benesova in first round of Indian Wells.

"Oh my God! That would be hilarious match. Hope Iveta will put on anything on herself while playing unlike she did last time."

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
:nerner:

·
Registered
21,478 Posts
Serena/Venus Draw Each Other in the First Round!​

Indian Wells, California- American's and sisters, Serena and Venus Williams drew each other to play in the First Round of the Indian Wells tournament. The sisters have had less than happy memories here. Back in 2001, Serena and Venus along with their father, Richard Williams were booed throughout Serena's Finals match with Kim Clijsters. Racial remarks were also claimed to have been thrown around by angry fans. The reason, Serena and Venus were scheduled to play a Semi-Final but Venus pulled out moments before the match began citing injury. The crowd wasn't too pleased. Serena isn't too pleased now.

Serena- "You know I find it completely funny that after all these years where Venus and myself decided to skip over this event that now we finally decided to return here, and we get placed to face off in the first round. I think its just such a coincidence and I think its wrong. Something had to have been fixed. The tour director seems to have it out for me, I mean he clearly favors players like Sharapova, and I think its racist. If I lose here early its just because of the negative energy here from the tour director and the crowd. I'm not pleased to be playing first round against my sister and I think it was fixed that way."

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Time to lose in the first round again.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts