Tennis Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
9,740 Posts
Pelletier wins the whole thing in Las Vegas!​

Marie-Ève Pelletier won her first title on the WCTT tour with an unbelievable week. She had the toughest draw she could have this week, playing Mary Pierce, world number 1, in first round. Pierce also was the one who beat Pelletier in her only final in Roland-Garros. This match definitely was the toughest match of Marie in the whole week. The first set was very tight, both girls were hitting well, the reallies were always long but Pelletier finally won the first set 7/5. In the second set, we saw the world number 1 Mary Pierce dominating all the rallies and making a lot of winners of forcing Pelletier to make a mistake and won it 1/6. The third set was very similar to the first, Pelletier cameback strong, she was better than Pierce in the most important moments and it made the difference, she won the third 7/5, to make the biggest upset of the first round. The final score was Pelletier def. (1)Pierce 7/5 1/6 7/5.

The second round was very surprising for Pelletier. Pelletier usually has the bad habit of playing less focused in her second round matches but not this time. This time it was different! Maria Sharapova was totally outclassed since the beginning till the end. Pelletier won by the score of 6/2 6/1. Pelletier said after that match "I felt very well on the court, I'm finding back my game and the other girls better be ready to play against me this week cause I'm at my best!"

The semi-final wasn't an easy match, Shahar was a very tough opponent. Marie-Ève Pelletier was ready to give all she had and it's exactly what she did. She arrived on the court and took an early lead of 4/0 but broke a string of her racket and changed of racket and she seemed to dislike her new racket, Peer cameback to 4/5. Then Pelletier smacked her racket on the field and change it. Pelletier seemed really decided to win that match, she played her best tennis of the match in the three following games and won it 7/5. In the second set, Peer took an early lead with one break and held her serve for all the second set and won it 3/6. The third set was the most tight, Peer and Pelletier were serving well, there was only one break on each side until 4/4. Marie-Ève Pelletier then didn't haev to work hard, Peer'S nerves let her down and she was broken. Pelletier just had to hold her serve and closed the match 7/5 3/6 6/4.

The final was dissapointing, Pelletier was playing Na Li, who had very great results recently but Marie-Ève Pelletier really was the best on the field. The first set was average, both girls were making UEs here and there ubtil 5/5. It wasn't the best tennis everybody had seen in the tournament. Then after that Pelletier completely dominated, Pelletier broke Na Li to take the set 7/5 and screamed a loud "C'MON!". Na Li looked tired and she simply abandonned berfore the second set began. Pelletier was always the first to attack, Pelletier took a a lead of 3/1 and didn't lose time to win her first title, she won the 3 other games in 12 minutes. Pelletier went in the crowd to see her coach and her parents after the last points, she was smiling like we didn't see her smiling since a long time ago. Pelletier is ready for the next GS!

·
Registered
12,849 Posts
:yeah: Congrats Pelletier :hug: Almost number 1 :bounce:

21 - 23 of 23 Posts