Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WCTT: TORONTO

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to Toronto, Canada home to WCTT's 2nd Hard-court Tier I tournament of the season we come into Canada with some unexpected results from some unexpected players.

Shahar Peer blew the field away last week in Hollywood to win her 1st title defeating World #1 Mary Pierce also we have Elena Dementieva who made her 1st final last week she defeated World #3 Venus Williams her biggest win in her career to date.

What can we expect of these 2 girls this week a little or alot. Will season stunners Pierce, Li, Venus, Ivanovic get back there game and ther form and take out these new rivals or will another new player emerge like Anna-Lena Groenefeld who playing in her 1st tournament qualified and took #1 seed to a 3 set thriller.

Only time will tell but we will be sure to have a week to remember.

QUALIFYING DRAW:
Tsvetana Pironkova VS Anna-Lena Groenefeld

MAIN DRAW:
(1) Mary Pierce VS Elena Dementieva
Maria Sharapova VS Dominika Cibulkova
Agnieszka Radwanska VS QUALIFIER
Daniela Hantuchova VS (4) Ana Ivanovic

(3) Venus Williams VS Mashona Washington
Shahar Peer VS Serena Williams
Marie-Eve Pelletier VS Nicole Vaidisova
Mara Santengelo VS (2) Na Li

POINTS DUE: THURSDAY 6PM AEST

·
Registered
12,849 Posts
Re: WCTT: Toronto (Tier I)

Lets go na li :D venus semi again i wanna start a new chain of playing u in a row haha

·
Premium Member
40,059 Posts

Come on Peer....keep it going :wavey:

·
Banned
3,884 Posts

Go Anna-Lena !!! :kiss: :hearts: :angel: :eek: :worship: :D :cool: ;) :) :drool:

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

1ST ROUND:

:eek: Elena Dementieva DEF (1) Mary Pierce 7-6 7-6 :eek:
well hard-courts seem to suit Lena D she made the final last week taking out red-hot fave Venus Williams and now has taken out top seed May in the 1st round she is slowly coming into her own great win!!!

:rolleyes: Dominika Cibulkova DEF Maria Sharapova 7-5 2-6 6-4 :rolleyes:
2 players who have not send new points in months will most likely not go far but it was good enough for Dominika today but she will have to have alot of luck against Lena who is playing great

:eek: (Q) Tsvetana Pironkova DEF Agnieszka Radwanska 6-4 6-3 :eek:
well Tsveta played one of the matches of the year to get into the main-draw and that win pushed her to excel she had an easier time today against Aga who really needs new points or same results will come good effort from Pironkova cause when Aga is on she is good.

:worship: (4) Ana Ivanovic DEF Daniela Hantuchova 6-2 6-0 :worship:
another easy win for Ana over Dani no surprises as there havent ben new points from her for a long time but very promising from Ivanovic who makes through another early round lets hope this continues.

:worship: (3) Venus Williams DEF Mashona Washington 6-4 6-1 :worship:
well Venus is on this week after her loss last week to Lena D she wants to bring back her game to the hard-courts where she won her 1st title and show she can still smash it on this surface

:bounce: Shahar Peer DEF Serena Williams 6-0 6-4 :bounce:
well Shahar is shaping up as the player to beat on hard-courts with her title last week she storms past the other Williams sister to make a date with the good one Venus. Serena needs to send new points or continue to fall early

:kiss: Marie-Eve Pelletier DEF Nicole Vaidisova 3-6 7-6 7-5 :kiss:
toughest match so far both players gave it all and its good to see them go at it game for game it was unlucky for Nicole who had 3 match points in the 2nd set but just wasnt strong enough to hold on

:worship: (2) Na Li DEF Mara Santengelo 6-4 6-3 :worship:
well another player who doesnt send new points and they wonder why they lose alot players like Na win cause they change there plan week after week and it shows with results great win for Li and she is hoping to get back on track and move closer to that #1 spot​

·
Premium Member
40,059 Posts

:bounce: GO SHAHAR!

:scared: She Wants Revenge.....sorry Venus :scared::awww:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts

Nice wins tsveta! Keep it up!

·
Registered
12,849 Posts

Na :D Venus :hug:

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUARTER-FINAL:

:bounce: Elena Dementieva DEF Dominika Cibulkova 6-2 6-1 :bounce:
well Lena D is becoming a great player on the hard-courts she has shown she can take out the top players and now consolidates that with an easy win over Dominika? says the crowd after that match

:eek: (Q) Tsvetana Pironkova DEF (4) Ana Ivanovic 6-3 7-5 :eek:
This is a great win from the qualifier Tsvetana she knew she had to change her game after losing in qualifying last week she know makes sure her ranking is good enough for her to not have to play qualifying next week and what a win she has over #4 Ivanovic she is having a great week

:worship: (3) Venus Williams DEF Shahar Peer 3-6 7-5 7-5 :worship:
this was the toughest match so many CT's and Shahar & Venus ended up even on them i think the experience of Venus got her throgh today Shahar played a top match and is on the rise

:worship: (2) Na Li DEF Marie-Eve Pelletier 7-6 1-6 6-4 :worship:
well a tough win for Na Li but more than expected as Marie is a tough enogh opponent she will make her breakthrough soon she keeps knocking at the door but normally only falls to the very best keep it up girl and you will soon be a top player​

·
Premium Member
40,059 Posts
:sad: good win Vee :hug:

·
Registered
12,849 Posts
Na :bounce: Venus :armed:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Allright Tsveta! Great win!

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SEMI-FINAL:

:eek: (Q) Tsvetana Pironkova DEF Elena Dementieva 7-6 3-6 6-1 :eek:
well this is certainly a week to remember for Tsvetana she has not only qualified but i snow in her first final and its a Tier I she really stepped up when she needed too and she will have to again if she has any chance at winning this title good luck!!!

:worship: (2) Na Li DEF (3) Venus Williams 6-4 2-6 7-5 :worship:
another battle of the big babes errupts in the semi-finals Na again gets a win over Venus who seems troubled regularly by Na but again at the moment who isnt troubled by Na she is the in-form player right now Good win and good luck in the final she will face a determined Tsvetana​

·
Registered
12,849 Posts
Na Li :D :bounce: Venus :hug:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Wow Tsveta! This has been a good week!

·
Registered
12,849 Posts
Venus we need to get on opposite sides of the draw!! :p