Tennis Forum banner

581 - 600 of 608 Posts

·
Registered
14,526 Posts
Elina won the YEC! This will be great for her confidence and maybe will help her get over her mental block at slams, at least a little. I know it's not the same, after all Aga and Domi have YEC wins without any slams, and on the mens' side Grigor and some years ago Davydenko had the same situation, but I think in Elina's case she has what it takes to make at least some super deep runs at slams, which she has been lacking. I think getting this title might give her the confidence she needs to pull through those tough matches in slams when opponents play off their tree.

Her movement was fantastic through this YEC, she got to everything.

·
Premium Member
37,852 Posts
This superb result and great performance keeps her to the top and shows we'll have to count her among the most serious contenders of any tournament. :)

She looks in great form right now and seems to stay injury free. Her fitness is perfect, and her competitiveness in progress.

I enjoyed this YEC thoroughly. :cheer:

·
7,485 Posts
Allow me to cheer for her relationship with Monfils, possibly my favorite ATP player out there (there are few close ones on top of my list, but to me he's definitely one of the most talented hence most underachieving of them all).

:cheer:

Makes me love her even more. :inlove:

·
👑 не дум&#10
44,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #597
Had a good week at IW making the SF where the opponent was too experienced

581 - 600 of 608 Posts