Tennis Forum banner

5001 - 5010 of 5010 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
In all fairness I see Serena as the favourite here. But I'm basically following Iga now on this tourney after Ostapenko lost. Maybe Kerber can pull something but I doubt it.

About the royal family, I must say I never liked Meghan. I don't know, she doesn't seem very nice to me. And Harry renouncing is dangerous, cause with this he would depend on her. And well, they seem to love eachother but depending financially on other person is never good. It affects negatively the relationship for me. So yeah, the situation is in a way bad for everybody. I personally put a lot of value in family, so I'd probably stick with it. They don't even live in the same house, so I don't get it how the differences can be so irreconcilable, specially as Markle knew what she was getting into. Either way the whole thing is really 1st world problems.

·
👑 не дум&#10
44,716 Posts
About the royal family, I must say I never liked Meghan. I don't know, she doesn't seem very nice to me. And Harry renouncing is dangerous, cause with this he would depend on her. And well, they seem to love eachother but depending financially on other person is never good. It affects negatively the relationship for me. So yeah, the situation is in a way bad for everybody. I personally put a lot of value in family, so I'd probably stick with it. They don't even live in the same house, so I don't get it how the differences can be so irreconcilable, specially as Markle knew what she was getting into.
If this had happened after 6-7 years, i would have nothing to say, they gave it a go and it has not worked out well. If it happens after only two years, some questions need to be asked. I think the royal family has improved a bit after the scandals of the marriages of Diana and the duchess of York. I think they have tried to modernise to accomadate marriage with commoners, and its quite a usual occurence in the royals of europe now. The division with the Cambridges does not look good to me. The two brothers have been close for over 30 years, i cannot explain how things got bad so fast. I hope they sort things out eventually.

It’s ridiculous how Barty gets underrated time after time. Even as a number 1 player with all these great results during the last 12 months, most of the experts and fans don’t consider her a tier 1 favorite.
She is so inconsistent and can lose to scrubs. The Fed Cup debacle was classic choke

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
About the royal family, I must say I never liked Meghan. I don't know, she doesn't seem very nice to me. And Harry renouncing is dangerous, cause with this he would depend on her. And well, they seem to love eachother but depending financially on other person is never good. It affects negatively the relationship for me. So yeah, the situation is in a way bad for everybody. I personally put a lot of value in family, so I'd probably stick with it. They don't even live in the same house, so I don't get it how the differences can be so irreconcilable, specially as Markle knew what she was getting into. Either way the whole thing is really 1st world problems.
The thing is, it really depends on what your family is like. Imo the one you make and strenghten by other bonds is always going to triumph over a family where you're literally only connected by blood. Like, some families are worth sticking by, but some aren't. Some relatives are and some aren't. Not to mention that imo Harry's main family and priority right now are Meghan and his son. And the queen would really be the one to talk about family values here, since she decided to take away their royal titles as a revenge, and Harry even mentioned in one interview something about "not letting himself be forced into playing a game that killed his mum", so I'm sure they put a lot of pressure on him, trying to keep him there.

Also, we don't know what exactly was happening, but honestly? If she only managed to bear it for two years, it must've been bad. The fact that the queen stuck more by pedophile Andrew than Meghan is also imo very telling. That's all I'll say about it, because I don't want to assume quite as much. But yeah.

She´s broken a record as the only to win titles in 4 decades
but in the end, Pliskova was right, she wasn´t tested there
How is the tea Karo ends up serving always so scalding hot :coffee:

·
Registered
11,363 Posts
I tried to go to every lecture when I could because I'm a nerd lol.
This commitment is to your credit. (y)

Out of curiosity, how expensive is higher education in Czechia? And how much of the funding comes from the government?

I sure as hell hope Aryna's not reading social media right about now 🤐
She is. Some of the worst abuse was sent to her by DM, and she shared some of it on her IG stories. To mock the scumbags, of course. But still...

·
Premium Member
65,072 Posts
Hello, hope everyone is doing alright!

I am alive ( :eek: :eek: :eek:), officially on real holiday since Monday this week, and after 5 days of hibernating I am watching my first tennis match in almost 6 months probably :hysteric:

I'm staying up for Iga vs. Donna, but kicking the night with a proper DREAM match, ie... drum roll Shnaider vs. Bartone 😻

I probably won't be back for long though, as I am leaving for Rusha soon (in a little over 10 days) and need to get ready 😆😶

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
I probably won't be back for long though, as I am leaving for Rusha soon (in a little over 10 days) and need to get ready 😆😶
Bon voyage and enjoy your time in Russia.

(Alexander and Victoria Khlynin escape the everyday through cosplay (costume play) in their suburban Moscow flat. The 28-year-old banker and 25-year-old interior designer own several animal outfits. Many young Russians, shaped by the chaos of the 1990s and conformity of the Vladimir Putin years, seek stable jobs and families.)

·
👑 не дум&#10
44,716 Posts
Allegedly Feliciano and Verdasco are competing to break the record for greatest ATP tour losses

Khachingnov needs to go back to singing

I can see americans also escaping through cosplay in response to the growing fascism and totalitarianism of their government

(Alexander and Victoria Khlynin escape the everyday through cosplay (costume play) in their suburban Moscow flat. The 28-year-old banker and 25-year-old interior designer own several animal outfits. Many young Russians, shaped by the chaos of the 1990s and conformity of the Vladimir Putin years, seek stable jobs and families.)
Is this real name? Related to this guy :D

5001 - 5010 of 5010 Posts