Tennis Forum banner

221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
The real reason is that HTS is trying to make as much damage as possible to Oliynykova, Krznaric & Ajdukovic, and this is initiative & responsibility of Nikolina Babic, current HTS head.

The problem (for HTS) that those three are becoming better & better, even while HTS wants them not to succeed.

The problem #2 (for Croatian tennis & Croatia) that Oliynykova, Krznaric & Ajdukovic are not only the best in 2001-2003 year of born generation, they are the only best in this generation, no more people in this age who really could play pro.

The problem #1 (for Croatian tennis & Croatia) that if Croatian tennis federation is in the war with its best junior athletes, the latters will soon become non-Croatian tennis players...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Princeza's season-end rankings:

2017 (age 16): NR
2018 (age 17): 835
2019 (age 18): 642

She's not setting the tour on fire but she has made nice progress. It would be great if she can end next season in the 400s.
2019 (age 18): around 610-620, new CHR.

I believe she can end 2020 somewhere around 250-300 WTA.

·
Registered
52,129 Posts
@VinnieTheCat

For your info: Petra Marcinko is only 14 years old !!!
What success did Oleksandra have at 14 years old ???

To talk Petra´s success bad and hate on her is just pathetic. Jealous ?
Fact is: Her results are very impressive. She is very promising.

Petra´s junior tournaments:
J5 Menton title (impressive start to her junior career)
J5 Mostar title
J4 Veli Losinj final (only lost in 3 close sets to older 16 yo Krznaric who has a lot more experience)
J5 Dornbirn final (only lost to big German talent Kuhl)
J5 Fujairah title
J4 Dubai title
J4 Zagreb title

34 wins and only 2 losses !
As a 14 yo playing in U18 tournaments !

PS:
14 yo Petra Marcinko is at career-high #202 in junior rankings.
And Oleksandra´s junior career high was only #363.

"Oliynykova and Krznaric the best in 2001-2003"
"no more people in this age who really could play pro."
lol

Why did you forget the talents 2002 Wurth and 2003 Ruzic ?
Tara Wurth has #87 as career-high and Antonia Ruzic has #103 as career-high.
They are surely not less talented than Oleksandra and Krznaric.

2003 Krznaric has played 33 events and is only ranked #152 (career-high #151). lol
Krznaric was/is hyped so much. And plays many tournaments. With many early exits. lol
Ruzic has played only 22 events and is ranked higher at #109 ! Antonia wins.

Yes, there seems to be corruption and unfair treatment in Croatian tennis federation - which must be fought. I think that sadly this is a big problem in Croatia (Balkan states) in general.

Also from your insider info it seems that you are a friend or even family member of Oleksandra ...

·
Registered
166 Posts
@VinnieTheCat

For your info: Petra Marcinko is only 14 years old !!!
What success did Oleksandra have at 14 years old ???

To talk Petra´s success bad and hate on her is just pathetic. Jealous ?
Fact is: Her results are very impressive. She is very promising.
rucolo, I am WORKING with Croatian junior girls for many years - so yes, I knew players, their families, their stories etc.

The most important thing is: I am not hating Marcinko's success on G5-G4, in no way. What I am saying that - based on her current experience - it is too early to talk about her as "promising" in terms of a future pro career.

At least she must experience G2-G1 level, with more advanced players to take part. Because 34-2 record is a problem, not something to be proud of. For a normal player's development this record should be 24-12, but with wider participation in G3-2-1 tournaments.

By the way, that's exactly what both Krznaric & Oliynykova did after their successful start on Grade 5 & 4 - they both immediately started to challenge higher levels of competition.

I believe Marcinko is #1 talent of 16 y.o. & younger generation (both among boys & girls) in Croatia. But she now needs bigger challenges. I read her interview, where she & her coach are seriously talking about junior GS. To reach that level, she must gain some experience among best juniors during strong high-grade events.

·
Registered
166 Posts
14 yo Petra Marcinko is at career-high #202 in junior rankings.
And Oleksandra´s junior career high was only #363.
No sense to compare.

I wish Petra best luck in challenging more serious targets in junior tennis in the nearest future.

I wish Oleksandra the same - on WTA level.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Why did you forget the talents 2002 Wurth and 2003 Ruzic ?
Tara Wurth has #87 as career-high and Antonia Ruzic has #103 as career-high.
They are surely not less talented than Oleksandra and Krznaric.
Because I know their game - not from rankings. This is only my opinion - you can have yours.

Tara Wurth is quite good - but she does not have a "killer weapon". I'd say that she can be extremely good on college level, but as for pro career... not sure.

As for Antonia Ruzic - she is a hard-working, responsible person who is serious about tennis. But she misses TALENT, "God's kiss", which Oliynykova, Krznaric & Marcinko have.

I also think that she won't succeed on some karmic level - because she is a beneficiar of HTS resources which were deserved by other players. Some adult people stole money from Krznaric & Oliynykova and directed it to Ruzic. It is NOT Antonia's fault, for sure. But God sees everything...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Also from your insider info it seems that you are a friend or even family member of Oleksandra ...
Hope to be a friend of her & her family.

I did help her with some stuff - for instance, to find a racket sponsor for 2020 through an international contract.

But it is a complete shame that the only Croatian U18 female player who has WTA ranking and ITF pro title has no racket sponsorship in Croatia. Complete shame!

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
...the only problem that your attempt to find a good explanation of bad Hrvatski Teniski Savez actions can not be farer from reality and their true motivation.

Let's start from definitions. Who is a "promising player" / "young hope" / "mlada nada"?

Hope for what?

What is exactly a player's promise - from a point of view of ideal - or at least normal, but definitely not Croatian - tennis federation?

Does Federation hope that a player will "make some waves" on junior tour and then go to American college to make their student team better - thousand miles far from the Motherland? Should not be so.

Is he/she promising to finish with competitive tennis in 20, go to Kinesioloski and then work in the local club coaching kids? It is not the worst job, but definitely this is not that type of promise Savez should work for.

Or maybe their promise to win low-level junior events like Tennis Europe and then generate local newspaper headlines like "we have a junior Champion of Europe in tennis", where Nikolina Babic can expose herself together with "Hrvatska mlada nada #4897" - which is a simple fake? Of course, no.

The only logic definition of a "promising player" that - he/she is promising to make a successful professional career in future, representing country (thus Federation) during big tennis events.

ITF does everything to interconnect ITF Junior & ITF World tours. That's why Junior Special Exempts exist. That's why they made Junior Reserved Places this year.

That's why normal tennis federations in the world try to help their best juniors to make a transition into senior tour, not prevent them from it.

This is 100% correct, as junior -> senior tour transition is probably the most challenging & epic change in the whole tennis career.

Oliynykova is a junior by age (she is 18) - so if Savez speaks about "promising juniors", it would be very logic to speak about "senior juniors" who are finishing their junior age and PROMISING to continue with successful pro performance.

Furthermore, a couple of days ago Savez made some payments to "young hopes / mlade nade" of Croatian tennis - among them were players of 2001 and even 1999 year of birth - you'll find a link below.

Oliynykova is (by live ranking - so it's gonna be official in a couple of weeks) currently #7 WTA-ranked player in Croatia, after Martic, Vekic, Fett, Mrdeza, Lukas & Boskovic.

She made it being 18 years old. She made it having 0 WC into senior tournaments during the whole ITF career ("mlada nada" Antonia Ruzic played 4 professional tournaments & had 4 WCs into main draw). She earned her WTA/ITF points playing qualifications from the scratch.

Is she still not enough talented to be mentioned among promising Croatian players?

There are a lot of talks around Petra Marcinko last days, and her fantastic results in ITF Juniors Grade 5 & 4 events. But people forget that both Oliynykova & Krznaric started their ITF Juniors careers with big win series - Krznaric won several tournaments in a row, Oliynykova reach semifinal with her first tournament, final with her second. What's the difference? It's in "2-1" rule. Player should have 2 wins to 1 loss ration in his/her profile. If your player has 34-2 win-loss history, this means that you are BAD coach, not good, as you keep your player below his/her challenges/chances for further growth.

Oliynykova & Krznaric went into G2-G1-GA. Marcinko went to Emirates, on the weakest ITF tournaments possible, to make waves there.

Petra Marcinko is an extremely talented girl - but it is too early to (seriously) make "a new Croatian hope" from her. Just too early. Let her perform first on G3-2-1 level, and then - maybe or may be not - make some further conclusions.

Finally, let's read yesterday's article on HTS website:

"U svečanom dijelu sjednice Skupštine dodijeljene su donacije mladim i nadarenim tenisačicama i tenisačima, prikupljene na Noći hrvatskog tenisa, koja je održana u rujnu u Zagrebu. Donacije u iznosu od 15.000 kuna dodijeljene su Miliju Poljičku, Petri Marčinko i Dinu Prižmiću, donacije u iznosu od 10.000 kuna Lei Bošković, Antoniji Ružić, Tari Würth, Admiru Kalenderu, Luciji Ćirić Bagarić, Sari Svetac i Alenu Billu, a donacije iznosa po 3000 kuna primili su Luka Mikrut, Noa Vukadin, Matej Dodig i Patrik Jurina. Ukupan iznos donacija je 127.000 kuna."

Boskovic is 20, and Kalender is 18.

Where are Krznaric, Oliynykova & Ajdukovic in the list?
Stop pretending that she will happen. She may reach with a good luck and sponsor Lekaj level ranking wise.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Stop pretending that she will happen. She may reach with a good luck and sponsor Lekaj level ranking wise.
She will reach mentioned level (300-350 WTA) within 6-7 months, still being a teenager. With a normal portion of luck & without any meaningful sponsorship, except technical ones.

She will play GS qualis in 2021. What's gonna be next depends on what's happened when she reaches 300s.

·
Registered
11,127 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
As I said before, I would love for you to be right!
Well, some things modify in time. Oleksandra had a lot of positive changes in her life which are well known for those who follow her. So she does not need to accept a lot of risks, and can gradually build her career - just play tennis.

Can she play GSQ in 2020? Yes (and maybe she will) - but she'd need to make some risky moves for that, like hunting for difficult points, what is not necessary now. I'd say that they will go step by step, without stretching things too much.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
6-1 6-1 lost to some unknown Russian

221 - 239 of 239 Posts