Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
принце́са Oleksandra "Olyinyković" Olyinykova. From Ukraine with love.

Sashka deserves to get her thread cause she seems to be a very nice person and even tho she does not have best results, she tries her best to improve and become better tennis player.

CHR 378
CR 428

Best results:
QF G2 Florence
QF G4 Maribor
SF G4 Kranj
QF G5 Split
F G4 Marsa
F G5 Kramfors
SF G5 Aarhus

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: принце́са Oleksandra "Olyinyković" Olyinykova. From Ukraine with love.

This week Berlin G1

Qualifying Draw
Q1 W H2H vs LASK, Nadja (GER) 6-1 6-1
Q2 L H2H vs LEONARD , Manon (FRA) 7-6(5) 1-6 6-7(5)

Unlucky in the FQR

·
Registered
169 Posts

Talked to US university coach who saw yesterday's Sashka match by his own eyes (they want Sashka to their team, he asked me about her & her family intentions). He told that she was simply unlucky on 3rd set tie breaker, with a couple of balls in tiny outs, and distorted bounce (hole on court) on 5:5 when ball seemed to be short and convenient... Manon Leonard was 1st seeded, a girl with Grand Slams experience & ITF titles.

Many people, including me, think that Sashka is extremely talented. Unfortunately, non-tennis issues prevented her to the moment to uncover all her potential.

P.S. it is a shame, that Croatian authorities still did not provide her with passport! Our players change nationality here & there, and we say "oh, they are doing something wrong". And here is a Croatian junior champ, national team player who can't obtain HR passport for years!!! If she also go to play somewhere else, I won't be surprised!

·
Registered
11,165 Posts

Princeza is into the SF at G5 Epetion, with the loss of only 6 games in 3 matches.

Keep going :armed:

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Princeza is into the SF at G5 Epetion, with the loss of only 6 games in 3 matches.

Keep going :armed:
She played five matches in Split already :secret: :ras:

·
Registered
169 Posts

AFAIK she was not going to play that tournament, that's why she went through quali :). While all girls practiced hard before the tourney, Sashka laid on the beach & ate pizzas all the time :). The family came with their younger boy, who played Tennis Europe one week earlier.

Then (I guess) she changed her mind last minute... or maybe it was a kind of trick (is there any sense to play two additional matches in Q)???

·
Registered
11,165 Posts

Princeza won again today (lost only 3 games) and is now into the final!

Has she ever won a tournament? I don't believe so...

·
Registered
169 Posts

If my stats correct, she played 8 (EIGHT!!!) finals on international level (6 TE & 2 ITF) and never (!!!) won.

Hope it will be changed tomorrow...

·
Registered
11,165 Posts

She won :aparty:

Beat fellow Croat Lana Sipek in the final 60 76(3)

Won seven matches (incl. Q) and was 14-0 in sets :yeah:

First title ever?

Will move up from 433 to ~360 -- a new CHR :banana:

Lana :hug:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts

She is Oliynykova at ITF and not Olyinykova

I don't know which version is right, but if the ITF version is the right version, please correct the title of thread.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts

The Croatian U16 team lost to Hungary and Czech Republic 0-3 at Junior Fed Cup this week.

Maybe they should have sent Sashka to get some points there. :devil:

·
Registered
169 Posts

I am actually wondering why BOTH Oliynykova & Sipek are not invited to National Team.

Sipek is 17 y.o. She could play U18... where Janko (!!!), Turkovic & Mamic (!!!) played.

Oliynykova is 16 y.o. She could play both U18 & U16 (Zelic, Pavkovic, Masic).

I believe that national coaches know what they are doing.

May be, in case of Oliynykova the reason is she is very unstable: she can play fantastic, and then immediately drop a match because of some minor stress. Nevertheless, this is a job of a team coach to find "ways and words" to a player, who during ITF Tournament won 14 sets of 14 played, and in 12 of them lost 2 games or less.

And - what about Lana Sipek? For last 2 months a girl played two ITF singles finals, and won 2 ITF doubles finals... but no National Team invitation, while we have there Matea Mamic & Leonarda Janko...

·
Registered
11,165 Posts

After winning a G5 two weeks ago, Princeza is playing the G4 in Slovenia this week.

She wasn't on the entry list, so had to go through qualifying (as the top seed). She won two matches (64 60 and 64 61).

She's seeded #6 in the MD, and today she won R1 over a local WC--but it was close: 64 76(4) :scared:

But that's 10 match wins and 20 sets won in a row :bounce:

R2 will be tough, against a local girl ranked 550. Good luck!

·
Registered
11,165 Posts

+ Two weeks ago, Princeza was ranked 433

+ After winning the G5, she moved up to 363 last week

+ She didn't play last week, so failed to defend a bunch of points, so she's back down to 416 this week

+ She's dropping another 20 points in singles this week, but already defended 10 by winning today

·
Registered
169 Posts

But that's 10 match wins and 20 sets won in a row :bounce:
Still not good enough for U16 National Team :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

We have #797-ranked player & non-ranked player there. Absolutely no chances for Oliynykovic.

1 - 20 of 246 Posts