Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
- Lilia and Sadikovic are on court right now. Lilia managed to close out the first with a few too many mistakes from Sadikovic, but I find that Lilia has lost some of the pop on her groundies. She is still quite solid, but is missing the pace that could make Sadikovic have less time. Arma has a nice game, big serve and big forehand, nice slice backhand that she uses well, serves and volleys, etc. Lilia also has looked a bit upset with herself and the umpiring and all, I'm hoping she can manage to regroup and either come back in this second set (she just saved 2 set points) or get the third. It's such a nice draw for her to reach quarters and why not even semis. But she will certainly have to raise her level up a bit.

·
35,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well she just lost it after a nice passing shot by Sadikovic and a bad UE. She is indeed letting Arma dominate the points a lot more and is not moving her around much. Not sure what is going on in her mind but she kinda seem like she lost the plan she had. She did the same against Perry though and managed to pull through.

·
Premium Member
171,102 Posts
- Lilia and Sadikovic are on court right now. Lilia managed to close out the first with a few too many mistakes from Sadikovic, but I find that Lilia has lost some of the pop on her groundies. She is still quite solid, but is missing the pace that could make Sadikovic have less time. Arma has a nice game, big serve and big forehand, nice slice backhand that she uses well, serves and volleys, etc. Lilia also has looked a bit upset with herself and the umpiring and all, I'm hoping she can manage to regroup and either come back in this second set (she just saved 2 set points) or get the third. It's such a nice draw for her to reach quarters and why not even semis. But she will certainly have to raise her level up a bit.
What type of outfit is Lilia wearing :angel:. Also, have you seen Riza play doubles yet ??:cool:

·
35,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
She is wearing a white and light blue top with a matching light blue skirt, with a whie visor, obviously ;)

And nope, haven't seen Riza play yet, though I've seen her walking around the grounds. I'll probably miss her today too as I'm leaving for the afternoon to go shopping with my mom and then coming back for Val's match a 7pm.

Lilia with a bp!

·
Premium Member
171,102 Posts
She is wearing a white and light blue top with a matching light blue skirt, with a whie visor, obviously ;)

And nope, haven't seen Riza play yet, though I've seen her walking around the grounds. I'll probably miss her today too as I'm leaving for the afternoon to go shopping with my mom and then coming back for Val's match a 7pm.

Lilia with a bp!

I wish i could tag along :cool:. Is the shopping really good in Quebec City ??

·
Premium Member
171,102 Posts
Thank god Lilias serve is doing pretty well this set :bounce:. Hopefully she can pullout this match with her experience and smarts ;):bounce: I'm surprised to see her opponents career high ranking is #468!

·
35,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just came back from my second interview of the day with Laura Granville, what an amazing lady. So smart, sweet, caring. Met her dad (also named Charles) who is exactly like his daughter. She was giving long thoughtful answers (which is nice but hell for me as a translator) and we chatted a long time on the city here, Montreal, her career, injuries and all.

I always loved her, had chatted with her a bit before in past years, but it just confirmed everything.

·
35,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Nice to see Lilia pulled through. It will be tough against Julia G in the next round though.

Mattek-Sands and Vania has started out as a great match so far, incredibly enjoyable and nice hard-hitting but also varied rallies. I wish I could stay longer.

Heath: Shopping in quebec city is meh, but with mom, who usually ends up paying for most, it's always good ;)

I'll try to go and check a few minutes of the doubles.

·
Premium Member
171,102 Posts
Just came back from my second interview of the day with Laura Granville, what an amazing lady. So smart, sweet, caring. Met her dad (also named Charles) who is exactly like his daughter. She was giving long thoughtful answers (which is nice but hell for me as a translator) and we chatted a long time on the city here, Montreal, her career, injuries and all.

I always loved her, had chatted with her a bit before in past years, but it just confirmed everything.
Thats great to hear. Sometimes Laura gets a hard time on here because of the whole Amelia comments from YEARS ago. I have always known Laura to be a very sweet girl :bounce:

·
Premium Member
171,102 Posts
Nice to see Lilia pulled through. It will be tough against Julia G in the next round though.

Mattek-Sands and Vania has started out as a great match so far, incredibly enjoyable and nice hard-hitting but also varied rallies. I wish I could stay longer.

Heath: Shopping in quebec city is meh, but with mom, who usually ends up paying for most, it's always good ;)

I'll try to go and check a few minutes of the doubles.
Exactly! :lol: Thanks for all your updates :cool: Btw, whats Beth wearing :lol:

·
35,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ok so I'm back from shopping (yay new shoes...paid by mom!) and night session.

Beth was wearing the high socks again, with a light blue dress, cleavage as usual. I think its the same dress she often wears, just a new color. And a headband of course.

·
35,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
-Safarova was just brutal today. Astonishing display of tennis and poor Val didn't play a bad match but was just totally overplayed. Winners from everywhere, barely no errors, never was scared on her serve. If Lucie plays like that all week, she should end up the winner. Very very impressive.

- Aleks did very well in the first set, hitting hard and deep as she always does. Moving Kulikova around and just attacking first. Second set was the total opposite, Aleks maybe got a bit nervous but Kulikova was just whacking the ball with so much pace and in the corners. A lot of crazy mistakes and bad choices at key times made Aleks stay in the set, and she ended up closing it out in two after finding some aggression again.

·
49,763 Posts
I picked Julia to make the final pre-tournament. hope it sticks.
Will TVA just broadcast the finals on sunday and not the semis?
Wuts up with Steph?

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
How was Queen Bethanie playing? :hearts:

If you happen to attend one of her matches will you scream like a wild school girl for me? :awww:

·
Premium Member
171,102 Posts
How was Queen Bethanie playing? :hearts:

If you happen to attend one of her matches will you scream like a wild school girl for me? :awww:
I'm sure he already does that :lol:. Charlda :kiss::hearts::kiss:

Anyways, i'm taking my lunch break today from 12:30 - 1:30 for Lilias match just so i can sit infront of the scoreboard and be nervous :help::p

·
35,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Steven: As Alain confirmed, just finals. And Steph is on her way to Saguenay for the 50k. Simply overplayed by Safarova, just like Val was. Lucie just too good right now. In doubles, tricky opponents and they found a key strategy late in the first that helped them get through it quite handily.

youngunner: I saw half of the first set of Beth vs Vania and it was such an entertaining match. The crowd here really enjoys Beth, and her game is so entertaining to look at. She was hitting really well and her match against Lucie today could be really good. That's if Lucie even gives her a chance to touch the ball, which hasn't been the case yet for anyone ;)

Heath: Pffft, you would know that my Valerie, Stephanie and Rebecca cheers are immensly manly ;) I probably won't be able to see any of Lilia today as I need to drive back to Montreal in the afternoon because I teach a group lesson at 4pm :(

·
35,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Just finished my last interview of the week (and year!) with Severine Bremond. She remembered me from previous years (well, we did salsa dance together last year ;)) and was a sweetheart as usual. Very nice classy lady, we talked a bit about her pairing with Sofia which seems to be working perfectly.

Well that finishes my week here, as I have now to head up to Montreal, 2h30 hours driving, to go work this afternoon.

If you have any questions about the week or the tourney I can keep on answering them though ;)

Cheers!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts