Tennis Forum banner

Your Relationship with the GOAT Armada ???

Introducing GOAT Armada, The New World Order of Tennis Tipping !!!

11K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  QINWEN-GOAT 
#1 · (Edited)

Hello Tennis Tipping Players,

If you have been paying attention during the past six months, you probably noticed a spectacular New World Order that has swept over the established global sport of Tennis Tipping.
Yes, it is the one and only GOAT Armada. We would now like to take this opportunity to introduce ourselves and publicly publish our GOAT Armada Manisfesto.

HOW AND WHY DID THE GOAT ARMADA FORM?

The GOAT Armada formed secretly in September 2014 during Wuhan P5 900, the hometown of XWTA GOAT Na LI. In that Tennis Tipping tournament, one of our members asked for Lucky Losers to be redrawn, as the rules were not properly followed. In the ugly chaos and dramatic controversy that ensued, it was obvious that Tennis Tipping can sometimes be an unforgiving environment and that an alliance was necessary to fight for player rights. Though still only an underground movement at the time, the newly formed GOAT Armada rode its momentum and went on to win both the singles and doubles titles in Wuhan P5 900.

The GOAT Armada movement strengthened in the remainder of 2014, when our members traveled together through the backwaters of the ITF circuit, captured the doubles title at 2014 Shenzhen AO WC Playoff and successfully defended the singles world #1 ranking held by one of our members. He has now been world #1 for 24 successive weeks :bowdown:

In the 2015 season, the GOAT Armada has lived up to the GOAT in our moniker at the XWTA level, taking the singles trophy at three of the five Premier level tournaments (Sydney P470, Dubai P5 900 and Doha P470), reaching the final in one of the other Premiers (Brisbane P470) and also lifting the singles trophy at the richest tournament on offer in two other weeks (ITF Sunrise, Monterrey MM 280).

IS THE GOAT ARMADA TRYING TO STIR UP CONTROVERSY?

Not in the least bit, we are not troublemakers :angel: Although it seems that when you are successful, controversy seems to follow you. Since the formation of the GOAT Armada, we have already found ourselves at the center of the following major controversies:

1) 2014 Wuhan P5 900 Lucky Loser Placement

2) 2014 Singapore YEC 1500 Tiebreaker Method

3) 2014 Player of The Year Public Vote (PM Gate)

4) 2015 Antwerp P470 MD Day 1 OOP

5) 2015 Kuala Lumpur MM 280 Use of SE

WHAT DOES THE FABULOUS TT BOARD THINK OF THE GOAT ARMADA?
We are sorry that we may sometimes make life difficult for our fabulous TT Board. Even though we have yet to manage a single TT tournament, we do want to point out that we do help the Board by patrolling all TT tournaments and Adrian's livestreams to make sure rules are being followed.

We sincerely hope that the TT Board likes us. However, we wonder if the recent retirement of Board Member DJDVD may have anything to do with the GOAT Armada :awww:

Everytime ya post in my tournaments, I'm scared I did something wrong :sobbing:
WHAT IS THE GOAT ARMADA MANIFESTO?

1) Make Tennis Tipping FUN!
Instead of "soul-less tournaments" akin to watching a Julia COHEN vs Tadeja MAJERIC match, we love tournaments with livestream of draw ceremony, plenty of trash talking, banter, jokes during play, court reports, schedules of play, player party. This sort of fun makes the tournament enjoyable for all players (even those that lose in early rounds) and the managers that run such tournaments should be recognized by the Board. As examples see:

2015 ITF Hong Kong, managed by goOudinUSA

2015 ITF Midland, managed by Adrian.

2015 Indian Wells PM 1000, managed by Adrian.

FUN is not limited to just tournament threads ... the following are the GOAT Armada's own contributions to Tennis Tipping FUN ... we hope you had a chance to read them

Vultures #1 Inger67 & #2 AdeyC Battle For 2014 Year End #1

TT Amazing FEETs and Infamous Records

2) Bring Tennis Tipping to New Parts of the World

In the past decade, the XWTA has expanded heavily in Asia (including of course China), the Middle East and to a lesser extent in South America and Africa. The GOAT Armada is inspired by the heroic efforts of millionaire Stacey McAllester. However, we feel that while the game of tennis has been brought to new audiences all over the world, the game of Tennis Tipping remains largely Euro-centric.

We are tired of picking the same European girls each week. We would like to see Tennis Tipping go to countries it has never gone before so that young boys and girls can be inspired watching this sport for the first time. We have worked tirelessly in this effort and have already secured from Michi! the placement of 2015 Djibouti on the Tennis Tipping calendar, to be managed by the GOAT Armada. In addition, we have made a push for 2015 Anning, Roland Garros of China, to be added to the Tennis Tipping Calendar.

WHO EXACTLY IS THE GOAT ARMADA?

Ah yes, this is the question all of you have been waiting for us to answer. Let's meet the four founding members of the GOAT Armada!

PICTURED: New_balls_please, Inger67

New_balls_please
Current Singles Ranking: #12
Current 2015 Race to Singapore: #6
Career High Singles Ranking: #12
Most Prestigious Singles Title: 2014 Wuhan P5 900
Most Prestigious Doubles Title: 2012 Tokyo P5 900, 2014 Cincinnati P5 900 (w/ Inger67)
About Him: A Basque native, he spends his days in frigid Michigan with little mice at his mercy. After winning Wuhan in 2014, he fell in love with Chinese culture and learned to speak Mandarin. Within the GOAT Armada, he is our master of posting GIFs

Inger67
Current Singles Ranking: #1
Current 2015 Race to Singapore: #3
Career High Singles Ranking: #1
Most Prestigious Singles Title: 2014 Wimbledon GS 2000
Most Prestigious Doubles Title: 2012 Tokyo P5 900, 2014 Cincinnati P5 900 (w/ New_balls_please)
About Him: A Michigan-born All-American, as Adrian says, he is our Serena Williams. Within the GOAT Armada, he is our Grand Slam winner and due to his #1 ranking / pretty boy looks, our figurehead

PICTURED: HAOCHEN-GOAT, SAISAI-GOAT, ArmadaAlly kfh_9118

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Current Singles Ranking: #94
Current 2015 Race to Singapore: #109
Career High Singles Ranking: #83
Most Prestigious Singles Title: 2014 Nanchang BM 160
Most Prestigious Doubles Title: 2014 Wuhan P5 900 (w/ SAISAI-GOAT)
About Him: A native Catalan who calls the Belgian city of Ghent his second home, he spends his days selling iPhones on the Chinese black market. Within the GOAT Armada, he is our fearless BBB but that strategy has left him in the dust in terms of singles ranking when compared to the other Armada members

SAISAI-GOAT
Current Singles Ranking: #19
Current 2015 Race to Singapore: #8
Career High Singles Ranking: #13
Most Prestigious Singles Title: 2015 Sydney P470
Most Prestigious Doubles Title: 2014 Wuhan P5 900 (w/ HAOCHEN-GOAT)
About Him: A native of Beijing, he is an international man of mystery who has shown up in person in a GIF from the Australia vs Germany Fed Cup tie in Brisbane. He plays with controlled aggression that has earned him the 2nd highest "20th" behind world #1 Inger67. Within the GOAT Armada, he is the true brains of the operation

WHO ARE THE ArmadaAlly?

We have many Allies on the Tennis Tipping circuit, some of which are pictured above from left to right:

PICTURED:
ArmadaAlly Kev4000
ArmadaAlly FORZA SARITA
Armada Member HAOCHEN-GOAT
ArmadaAlly Honitsu
ArmadaAlly Kirilenko-Fan
ArmadaAlly Frederik
ArmadaAlly Adrian.
Armada Member Inger67
Armada Mentee rewan
ArmadaAlly Javi.
ArmadaAlly Emeritus silverwhite
ArmadaAlly tim.

PICTURED:
ArmadaAlly kfh_9118
ArmadaProtege danieln1
Armada Member SAISAI-GOAT
ArmadaAlly goOudinUSA

So let the Battle of the Ages begin !!! :cheer:

PICTURED

ArmadaAlly Cooper96
Armada Member SAISAI-GOAT
Armada Member Inger67

OldGuard AdeyC
OldGuard Michael!
OldGuard valac222

Of course we could not include all of our allies here so we have also included a poll so you can tell us if you are against us or with us. But just remember

See less See more
#2 ·
Why does there have to be a battle of OLD and NEW BALLS? :hysteric:
and why are Adey, Michi and Laszlo Old Balls? :ignore:

#9 ·
because that is what the picture says and what the ATP tried to hype up in their original marketing campaign :ras:

because they are the veterans of TT :hug: :cool: :cool:

#7 ·
it was a group effort :secret: and honestly did not take that long :wavey:

do you like your picture :angel:

#13 ·
and i thought my life was dead boring :lol:

#21 ·
:worship:

SAISAI-GOAT never ceases to amaze me :bowdown:
His ability to think outside the box is second to none :lol:

This brings TT to a new level :yeah:

#22 ·
Seems like a great plan

#23 ·
Igor and Adreas, you could have voted the first option :ras: ( I am mention in the GOAT armada as well :spit: :oh:)

#25 ·
who who and what?! :eek:

#26 ·
Yes, SAISAI.. I saw this thread.. but couldn't care less :wavey:

#29 ·
do you know that our figurehead Inger67 has a 12 match winning streak on grass :p

#32 ·
Hi everyone :dance: I've been hidden in the shadows because I feel embarassed when compared to the other GOAT Armada members :sad: I'm like the black sheepers :sobbing: Feel the Tiantian Sun of the group :tears: But I have to announce that I've just cameback from Tibet and I'm ready to reborn as a FENIX in Miami :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.