TennisForum.com

TennisForum.com (https://www.tennisforum.com/)
-   Australian Open (https://www.tennisforum.com/179-australian-open/)
-   -   Justine Withdrew From Doubles (https://www.tennisforum.com/179-australian-open/53538-justine-withdrew-doubles.html)

lizchris Jan 20th, 2003 12:40 AM

Justine Withdrew From Doubles
 
I guess it has something to do with the cramps she suffered yesterday.

rated_next Jan 20th, 2003 12:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
as expected :(

TheBoiledEgg Jan 20th, 2003 12:48 AM

not suprising :(

CanadianBoy21 Jan 20th, 2003 12:56 AM

she'd be nuts if she played th doubles...
i wouldn't be suprised if she withdrew from the singles as well.
let me tell u, i had the same thing happen to me a while ago, and it took me a week to require fully, i played for four hours in the sun against someone who made me run a lot, but davenport made her run with power shots. Granted she will have the best treatment for cramps in the world, but i just don't see it happening in two days.

1jackson2001 Jan 20th, 2003 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SuperDevil
she'd be nuts if she played th doubles...
i wouldn't be suprised if she withdrew from the singles as well.
let me tell u, i had the same thing happen to me a while ago, and it took me a week to require fully, i played for four hours in the sun against someone who made me run a lot, but davenport made her run with power shots. Granted she will have the best treatment for cramps in the world, but i just don't see it happening in two days.

If true, then a walkover by Pascual to the semis! :eek:

tennisfan1972 Jan 20th, 2003 02:37 AM

i seriously doubt she will do a walkover at a grand slam for singles. im sure she withdrew from doubles to play singles a t least. But it sure makes it easier for either daniela or Venus, im sure they cant wait to get their quarterfinal match over with to see who has an easy match to the final. i have a hunch it may be venus. She seems like she is just waiting to raise her game anotch for the big matches. i also suspect that Daniela may be abit tired as well. from singles, doubles and mixed doubles and not to mention 3 straight weeks of playing singles and doubles.

nlm Jan 20th, 2003 03:17 AM

Justine said in her statement today that if she is not 100% she will not play tomorrow, she said if she's anything like what she is at the moment (re: withdrawing from doubles) she might have to withdraw tomorrow.

digitalXPress Jan 20th, 2003 03:32 AM

She should be fined for doing that.
She has absolutely no compassion for her partner...
This is very unprofessional. I say she should be slap with a huge fine.
If she withdraw from doubles she should as well
withdraw from singles.

dxp

CanadianBoy21 Jan 20th, 2003 04:00 AM

easy for you to say sitting on your ass typing.
:rolleyes:

if u think she is not doing it right, maybe u should go and show her how it's supposed to be done.
I DIDN'T THINK SO

anabel Jan 20th, 2003 04:40 AM

:eek: :rolleyes:

onebridgecafe Jan 20th, 2003 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by digitalXPress
She should be fined for doing that.
She has absolutely no compassion for her partner...
This is very unprofessional. I say she should be slap with a huge fine.
If she withdraw from doubles she should as well
withdraw from singles.

dxp

I agree. Her statement today is not saying anything about why she must withdraw. If she wants to focus on singles, then she should not play doubles from the beginning. I am so sorry for her partner.

DaveMatthewsBand Jan 20th, 2003 06:33 AM

I'm sure if she could stand playing, she would. There's really no reason to give her heat for this. Justine was probably very reluctant to take such action. Yes, it sucks for her partner, but if a person can't bare playing after a cramp like that, then s/he shouldn't have to. It's not something that can be forced.

I hope she doesn't withdraw tomorrow though because that would be a major disappointment. I'm looking forward to seeing her making the Semis.

half-time Jan 20th, 2003 08:49 AM

Justine is scheduled to play Tuesday evening, so that leaves her a few extra hours to rest, and no match under the sun. That should please her

Glenn Jan 20th, 2003 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by half-time
Justine is scheduled to play Tuesday evening, so that leaves her a few extra hours to rest, and no match under the sun. That should please her
Yea!
I think even if she is only at 50%, she should be able to beat Virginia Ruano Pascual.
Virginia has no real weapons, she just returns and that's it.
Justine can mix it up and overpower her easily.
Then she gets 2 days off before she faces Venus or Daniela, that should be enough.
ALLEZ JUSTINE!

katrientje Jan 20th, 2003 11:16 AM

If you've seen her match yesterday, you must be crazy if you don't understand why she withdrew... She was absolutely exhausted... I am glad she took this decision


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome