TennisForum.com

TennisForum.com (https://www.tennisforum.com/)
-   Community Help (https://www.tennisforum.com/53-community-help/)
-   -   Why isn't gay-bashing treated the same way as racial-abuse on this forum? (https://www.tennisforum.com/53-community-help/391091-why-isnt-gay-bashing-treated-same-way-racial-abuse-forum.html)

Miss Amor Sep 14th, 2009 11:57 PM

Why isn't gay-bashing treated the same way as racial-abuse on this forum?

A couple of days ago, I was bashed a lot for my sexuality on this forum. I know that the infractions and stuff are private matters between the moderator and the poster, but if this was racial-bashing, he would've been banned by know. The guy is still posting so he is surely not banned.

I hope you guys realise how serious gay-bashing is, and it should not be treated in the same manner as racial-abuse.:confused::confused:

youizahoe Sep 14th, 2009 11:59 PM

Re: Is gay-bashing trested same way as racial-abuse on this forum?

Hum. gay bashing shouldn't be allowed at all :(

young_gunner913 Sep 15th, 2009 12:00 AM

First of all, Brad I'm so sorry you went through that.

Second of all, I think he brings up a good point. Gays on this board are treated like second class citizens when it comes to other posters "gay bashing". If a black poster is ever called the n-word, that poster would be banned within minutes. However calling someone a ****** and other discriminatory names repeatedly doesnt warrant anything harsher then a slap on the wrist? Considering how big a percentage gay posters make on this board, I think this is an issue that needs to be addressed ASAP!!

Miss Amor Sep 15th, 2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by young_gunner913 (Post 16497571)

Second of all, I think he brings up a good point. Gays on this board are treated like second class citizens when it comes to other posters "gay bashing". If a black poster is ever called the n-word, that poster would be banned within minutes. However calling someone a ****** and other discriminatory names repeatedly doesnt warrant anything harsher then a slap on the wrist? Considering how big a percentage gay posters make on this board, I think this is an issue that needs to be addressed ASAP!!

:hug: Exactly, I know its an anonymous forums and stuff, but toleratingstuff like people bashing us for our sexuality and then on top of all the abusive words saying that 'they hate and cannot take gay people seriously' is rediculous :confused:

Wilson_07 Sep 15th, 2009 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by young_gunner913 (Post 16497571)

usually i wouldn't even give a sh** about what some ignorant hater-posters have to say, but actually it's definitely not right to let anyone get away with stuff like this, because it's absolutely the same like calling a black person a stupid ******, so i totally agree with you!

sammy01 Sep 15th, 2009 12:16 AM

Re: Why isn't gay-bashing treated the same way as racial-abuse on this forum?

i know, i was followed on the board for a good month by a poster who would reply to all of my posts referring both to my sexuality and sex all the time.

he got warned, carried on, got a short ban and still carried on. the funny (oh ironic depends how you look at it) thing was he actually got a long ban in the end for calling me the N word (hello im white :help:).

Vartan Sep 15th, 2009 12:21 AM

I guess the worst case scenario is bashing a black homosexual.

Kim's_fan_4ever Sep 15th, 2009 12:25 AM

I don't know what happened to you and how serious it was, but they don't necessarily ban for these kind of things, they may as well hand infractions. I've been wished death a couple of times and I know 100% that at least one of these posters was only given an infraction.
I'm sure mods/admins don't let people get away with the things you're describing :)

crazylace01 Sep 15th, 2009 12:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
brad :hug: i totally agree. there's no place for it - anytime, anywhere.

Miss Amor Sep 15th, 2009 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim's_fan_4ever (Post 16497719)
I don't know what happened to you and how serious it was, but they don't necessarily ban for these kind of things, they may as well hand infractions. I've been wished death a couple of times and I know 100% that at least one of these posters was only given an infraction.
I'm sure mods/admins don't let people get away with the things you're describing :)

You get infractions for posting a harmless thread like 'its sad to see player x play so badly' because it is termed as a live scoring thread. Is gay-bashing at the same level as a harmless mistake of posting a thread in the wrong forum now :sad:?

Kim's_fan_4ever Sep 15th, 2009 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reetard (Post 16497858)
You get infractions for posting a harmless thread like 'its sad to see player x play so badly' because it is termed as a live scoring thread. Is gay-bashing at the same level as a harmless mistake of posting a thread in the wrong forum now :sad:?

Do you, really? :unsure: If you do, then it's stupid.

Miss Amor Sep 15th, 2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim's_fan_4ever (Post 16497867)
Do you, really? :unsure: If you do, then it's stupid.

I dont think I am allowed to say if I /or anyone else got an infraction for such a thing, since the moderators might hand me another infraction for discussing private matters openely :unsure:

Kim's_fan_4ever Sep 15th, 2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reetard (Post 16497884)
I cannot say if I /or anyone else got an infraction for such a thing, since the moderators might hand me another infraction for discussing private matters openely.

Ok then. Back to the original topic :)

KournikovaFan91 Sep 15th, 2009 12:58 AM

Fucking ****s :mad:

Gay bashing is still unfortunatly accepted on some level.

EDIT - lol, Fuck isn't automatically edited but another word for a woman's pikachu that rhymes with punt is. :lol:

Ceze Sep 15th, 2009 01:20 AM

It is not true to tell that nothing is done. Gay bashing is not allowed on this board, just like racism, mysoginism and other bad behaviors. And trust me, their authors are punished the same way. But we need to know the facts before giving sanctions, so please use the report function or send an email to a mod or an admin.