TennisForum.com

TennisForum.com (https://www.tennisforum.com/)
-   Team USA (https://www.tennisforum.com/204-team-usa/)
-   -   "RC" Awards- Phase 2 (results and final list of nominees) (https://www.tennisforum.com/204-team-usa/185166-rc-awards-phase-2-results-final-list-nominees.html)

Sir Stefwhit Aug 13th, 2005 10:58 PM

"RC" Awards- Phase 2 (results and final list of nominees)

Phase Two- Final phase of voting
Phase two of the voting is now underway. Everyone must resubmit their votes selecting one person from a list of the finalist for each category. During this phase, only one vote per category will count (if more than one name is submited only the first name listed will count). You may vote for yourself during this last phase. I will continue to take votes up until the listed deadline. Once the deadline has passed all votes will be calculated. The winners will be announced the weekend before the start of the US Open.

Sending in Votes:
Just PM me your votes. After all the final votes have been caluculated I will gladly share all the votes with whomever request a copy of all the votes. Of course those who wish to keep their votes private will not be shared.

Deadlines:
Phase Two- the final votes (August 12th- August 25th)
Awards Ceremony- August 28th

Sir Stefwhit Aug 13th, 2005 11:04 PM

THE TOP THREE: The top *three vote-getters in each category will face off against one another in the last round of voting. The person receiving the most votes will be crowned the winner of each respective category. There were a lot of ties and in some cases that resulted in multiple people being nominated for an award- upwards to 5 people in one category!

HONORABLE MENTIONS: I opted to include the vote-getters who came closest to making the top three for each category. In some cases these vote getters were as close a one vote shy for tying for a spot in the top three. Denise4925 received the most honorable mentions, coming close to making the top three an impressive four times. Other multiple “honorable mentions’ recipients include: SJW, Machu Picchu, and Rokkstarr. It’s a great honor to come so close, but unfortunately you can NOT vote for an honorable mention recipient, you can only vote for a member in the top three.

Summary of votes: Rocketta, Knizzle, and SJW lead all vote getters with four nominations. Coming close to receiving the most votes is Cam’ron Giles, who managed to find himself nominated in three categories. Other multiple award nominees include: Justin, Denise4925, kabuke, and Sir Stefwhit. Altogether there were 22 different members nominated in all the categories.

Sir Stefwhit Aug 13th, 2005 11:13 PM

MOST SUPPORTIVE SERENA FAN:
1. Justin (grabbed the lead the last week of voting)
2. Sir Stefwhit (missed tying for first place by just two votes)
3. RenaSlam58

This should be a really close fight. I actually led in this category all the way up until the last week of voting- That’s when Justin overtook me for the lead. With only three people eligible to receive votes look out for Renaslam58 to make a move, the ‘underdog’ might get enough votes to take top honors...

honorable mentions to the following: Denise4925, SJW, and becool

MOST SUPPORTIVE VENUS FAN:
1. kabuke (kabuke ran away with the votes with triple the amount of the next closest member)
2. tennisIlove / Knizzle (these two member received the same amount of votes, tied for second place)

During the first phase, this was no contest! More people were in sync in this category than any other. Kabuke is the strong favorite to win this award, but don’t count out Knizzle, he’s one of the most popular people on this board and just may manage to sneak off with top honors...

honorable mentions to the following: Denise4925, Infinity, and thelittleself

MOST SUPPORTIVE WILLIAMS SISTER FAN:
1. Denise4925 (ended up with twice as many votes as the next closest vote-getter)
2. Knizzle
3. Rocketta

Denise4925 came close to making the top honors in both the Venus and Serena fan awards. I guess it only makes since that she ended up with the most votes for most supportive fan for both sisters. I think she’s the strong favorite heading in for the finals, but don’t underestimate Knizzle- or Rocketta for that matter...

Honorable mentions to the following: Machu Picchu, Icequeen, and SJW

THE SUNSHINE AWARD:
1. thelittleself
2. Rokkstarr / Cam’ron Giles (these two received the same amount of votes and tied for second place)

Our ‘lovable’ threesome!! Whose star will shine the brightest- thelittleself has a small lead, but both Cam’ron Giles and Rokkstarr are extremely popular in the “COURT” so I’m not sure thelittleself can hold on to the lead...

honorable mention to the following: honey_b_fly, VeeReefan, Kabuke, and No Name Face

THE HUMANITARIAN AWARD
1. Craig_Serenafan
2. Jigglypuff (missed tying for first place by just ONE vote)
3. 40-0

Of all the categories this is the one with the overall closes race. One vote separated first and second place, and three votes separated second and third place.

honorable mentions to the following: Justin, Knizzle, and Rokkstarr

THE PHILOSOPHICAL DECREE
1. Machu Picchu / Sir Stefwhit (tied for first place with the same amount of votes)
3. Knizzle / Denise4925 (tied for third place with the same amount of votes)

TALK ABOUT CLOSE!!!! We had two ties, so this award will come down to four nominees.

honorable mentions to the following: bandabou, Volcanna, ReeVeeDynasty

FRESHMAN AWARD
1. Static Beef (maintained the lead from day one and never looked back)
2. Amira
3. Dash_yu (one vote shy of tying for second)

Static Beef is a strong favorite to come away with top honors in this category, although I have a feeling the other two will get enough votes to make things really interesting...

honorable mention to the following: Sol Appolo, VW Rules, Serio, Serena!

OLD-TIMER AWARD
1. SJW
2. bandabou / Rocketta / Cam’ron Giles / Rokkstarr (a four way tie!!!!)

We had two ties in one category before, but this is our first 4 way tie. That means there are 5 nominees in the category. SJW was the overall leader but there are some long time members who are sure to give her stiff challenge for top honors. I have no idea how this will turn out, but SJW has to be viewed as the favorite.

honorable mentions to the following: Mrs. Peel, Hail-Venus, Machu Picchu, and Denise4925

SPIRIT AWARD
1. Cam’ron Giles
2. SJW
3. Lindsay Rocks / Justin / Kabuke /BeCool (A 4 way tie for third place)

With 6 people nominated, this category has the honor of having more nominees than any other. Cam’ron Giles is the favorite here, but I would be careful in thinking he’s the clear favorite. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lindsay Rocks or BeCool come out on top, this is the only award Lindsay Rocks and BeCool are nominated for so that might make them have an advantage while the other members votes might be spread out to other awards.

honorable mentions to the following: Icequeen, Spirit Junky, and Pure Racket

THE HIGHLY VALUED AWARD
1. SJW
2. Rocketta / Knizzle (Rocketta and Knizzle received the same amount of votes, tying for second place)

Although SJW got top honors it was only by a nose hair- this is an extremely tight race and too close to call...

honorable mentions to the following: Denise4925 (she missed tying for second place by just ONE vote), Silverwhite, and Rokkstarr

I had asked people to include comments when sending in their list of nominees for this particular category. Here are some of the kind words your fellow Royal Court members had to say about the following members:

(Machu Picchu)- ‘She consistently posts insightful and intellectual posts about the sisters in their defense and promoting their accomplishments. She’s very respected among the fans and non-fans alike’

(StarduvallGrant)- ‘always clear and concise with arguments, and very articulate with posts’

(Denise4925)- ‘What more can yu say about a poster who gets banned for fighting the constant attacks against the sisters, then comes back and continues to fight throughout the frequent attacks she herself garners’

(thelittleself)- ‘I find him to be very thoughtful and conscientious’

(V.S.)- ‘every member of the Royal Court should be thankful to V.S’

(LindsayRocks89)- ‘...very supportive of many players’

(Knizzle)- ‘A character who is straight up cool to talk to’

(rokkstarr)- ‘She is smart and intellegent’

(SJW)- ‘Her contributions are endless’

(Rocketta)- ‘She is intelligent and very well respected and well liked in the WTA forum’

(Stefwhit)- ‘Just like his handle (Peacekeeper) he always makes an attempt to keep the peace, making it a pleasure to read his unbiased opinions’ (thank you for the kind words)

(Justin)- “Quite simply he is everywhere I turn. I swear this poster is as omnipotent as God.’

(BeCool)- ‘The name says it all, one cool cat’

(darinbaker00)- ‘As far as I’m concerned he’s the member of the year’

SJW Aug 13th, 2005 11:17 PM

Aug 28th? at least i'll have time to buy a great dress :p

SJW Aug 13th, 2005 11:19 PM

btw your work is greatly appreciated Stefwhit. thanks a lot :worship:

SJW Aug 13th, 2005 11:22 PM

one final thing:

is allowing own voting such a great idea? i think fairer results would become of not allowing it. of course, it's totally up to you! :)

serenafan08 Aug 13th, 2005 11:24 PM

Congratulations everybody!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: This is really exciting. Way to go Stefwhit! :cool: :yeah:

Sir Stefwhit Aug 13th, 2005 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJW
btw your work is greatly appreciated Stefwhit. thanks a lot :worship:

You are very welcome, this was fun and it gave me opportunity to get to know some of you a lot better.

...as for voting for yourself, in the first round you weren't allowed (some did though, but they were counted)- so I figured in the final round of voting it might be a good idea if you could.

Please feel free to use this thread to thank your fellow members for the nods...

I definitely want to say a thank you for all those who felt me worthy of your votes- and thanks for the kind words. I expected to be nominated in one category (I was hoping anyway,) but the other nomination was a total suprise. Thanks again!!

ampers& Aug 13th, 2005 11:27 PM

I've seen everyone on that list before, but who the heck is "Serio?" :dance:

SJW Aug 13th, 2005 11:36 PM

btw thanks for the votes guys. im controversial in quite a lot of issues so it seriously wasn't expected. you guys are fab so choosing will be really hard. :yeah:

OxNoj Aug 14th, 2005 01:20 AM

My goodness. You all certainly know how to make a persons spirit sing :kiss: Sir Stefwhit a lot of thanks goes to you for the idea and it's good seeing you back :wavey:

Knizzle Aug 14th, 2005 06:19 AM

Wow, thanks for the love everyone. I'm pissed i didn't make the Serena list, lol JK, but I would have liked to make it. Sorry I didn't vote. How do I vote??

VeeReeDavJCap81 Aug 14th, 2005 06:33 AM

39 Attachment(s)
Congrats to all the nominees. :wavey: :lick:

I'm a loser, I didn't get anything :sad:

Sir Stefwhit Aug 14th, 2005 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeReeDavJCap81
Congrats to all the nominees. :wavey: :lick:

I'm a loser, I didn't get anything :sad:

You didn't make the finals or the list of 'honorable mentions' but there were some nice comments said about you. I had an accident playing tennis so I didn't go into work on Friday and that's where I have all the other comments that I wanted to share. So once I get back in the office I'll be sure to add those to the "highly valued" category- there are about 7-9 other comments that I need to add...

VeeReeDavJCap81 Aug 14th, 2005 06:42 AM

39 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit
You didn't make the finals or the list of 'honorable mentions' but there were some nice comments said about you. I had an accident playing tennis so I didn't go into work on Friday and that's where I have all the other comments that I wanted to share. So once I get back in the office I'll be sure to add those to the "highly valued" category- there are about 7-9 other comments that I need to add...

Awwwww, thanks a lot. You're such a nice person :wavey: