TennisForum.com

TennisForum.com (https://www.tennisforum.com/)
-   Non-Tennis (https://www.tennisforum.com/13-non-tennis/)
-   -   What tv shows did you stop watching? (https://www.tennisforum.com/13-non-tennis/1256457-what-tv-shows-did-you-stop-watching.html)

Shadowcat Jun 30th, 2017 11:08 AM

What tv shows did you stop watching?

Since there is a thread about what tv show you are watching right now, I thought it would be interesting to see what tv show that you guys have been watching for a while and decided to stop watching.

For me, it's izombie. I've watched the first two season and watched the first two episode of season 3. But the storyline in the current season is so boring that I've stopped watching. There might be also some other tv shows that I've stop watching but I didn't make it to one season so I guess it's not really significant.

Blu? Jun 30th, 2017 11:22 AM

Re: What tv shows did you stop watching?

Fear the Walking Dead. I struggled to finish the 1st season and I wasn't impressed at all.

Lord Choc Ice Jun 30th, 2017 12:26 PM

The Walking Dead. TBF I think I jumped ship later than many. Partway through S6.

Shifty-Eyed Dog Jun 30th, 2017 12:33 PM

Too many to remember. Mad Men I loved for 5 seasons and then suddenly I just didn't care about these characters anymore, nothing necessarily wrong with the show, didn't bother with S6 or 7. A couple that had fantastic pilots but forgot to save some inspiration for the rest of the season, Preacher and Mr. Robot. After all the rave reviews gave The Americans a chance but just couldn't get into it.

Dan Jun 30th, 2017 12:34 PM

I've stop watching dozens of tv shows but i will only name three from behind which i watched them for a good while.

Arrow - After two season and a few episodes i lost interest in the story and i decided to not waste my time with it.

The walking dead - I think i watched 6 series and with every series it become more boring and i decided to stop.

30 Rock - I think i watched 5 series and gradually i got bored and it became less funny so i decided to not waste my time with it.

Beat Jun 30th, 2017 12:36 PM

"the affair". had high hopes for a relationship drama, but it turned out to be a pretty lame whodunit.

wolf79 Jun 30th, 2017 12:44 PM

Lost as it was easily the most annoying yet addictive tv show i've come by so far, but i couldn't take it anymore at some point. years later i watched the final episode, and boy was i relieved i jumped ship early enough. :spit:
honourable mention for The 100, see my signature.

Pump-it-UP Jun 30th, 2017 01:06 PM

Quantico. Season 2 was one of the most dreadful things that I've ever watched.

I gave up on The Walking Dead also, though I'll probably change my mind and catch up in another year or two. :o

Perun Jun 30th, 2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf79 (Post 78354585)
Lost as it was easily the most annoying yet addictive tv show i've come by so far, but i couldn't take it anymore at some point. years later i watched the final episode, and boy was i relieved i jumped ship early enough. :spit:
honourable mention for The 100, see my signature.

That was the first tv series that came to my mind actually ... :spit: The 1st season was so amazing though, I remember that after every episode I so wanted to watch the next one - so gripping ... :sobbing:

The most contrived continuation ever after Season 3. I literally did not care for Season 6, not sure whether I watched it fully.

Lord Choc Ice Jun 30th, 2017 01:44 PM

Going back a little True Blood, which I just started rewatching had a massive nosedive near its end. I think I gave up partway through S6, but remember almost nothing about S5.

Was a good campy show in its first seasons.

Invisible Fan Jun 30th, 2017 01:50 PM

Once I start watching a show I usually stay for the duration - I'm even one of the 5 people who still watches the Simpsons :lol:

Sammo Jun 30th, 2017 01:51 PM

The Man in the High Castle... it was nice, the lead guy was hot... but meh.

JaySix Jun 30th, 2017 02:10 PM

Supernatural - 60 min episodes started to be long for me to endure it.

Arrow - not sure why I started this in the first place. Stopped when he went to Asia.

There must be more, but cannot recall any atm. Many series I stopped watching during the first season, but cannot really count those.

La Quica Jun 30th, 2017 02:14 PM

I can think about Fringe, which I watched about 6-8 episodes from the 1st season, didn't like and quit.

Recently: Scream, The Shadow Hunters and Santa Clarita Diet, watched only 1 episode via Netflix of all those series and quit.

I'm still somehow watching TWD and FTWD, I'm always thinking about quitting, because its pretty much the same predictable crap. I'm only watching for entertainment purposes, not giving much attention.

PS If you make a similar thread asking "TV series you always thought about watching, but never tried" I'd say Penny Dreadful, for some reason I never watched an episode, but always think about starting.

La Quica Jun 30th, 2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaySix (Post 78357041)
Supernatural - 60 min episodes started to be long for me to endure it.

Arrow - not sure why I started this in the first place. Stopped when he went to Asia.

There must be more, but cannot recall any atm. Many series I stopped watching during the first season, but cannot really count those.

:confused:

Supernatural is and always was the normal 40-42 min for TV. Can't remember of any season having 60 min episodes.