TennisForum.com - Reply to Topic
Thread: Destanee Aiava Heated Exchange With Tennis Fan On Insta About LGBT Issues Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
Jun 28th, 2019 01:51 PM
So Disrespectful
Re: Destanee Aiava Heated Exchange With Tennis Fan On Insta About LGBT Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perun View Post
Good to know.

Some of these maps are not up-to-date, you're right. I've noticed the differences between the different maps. But in some countries it's actually worse than in the past like in Russia. There are some countries in which being gay is illegal but at the same time it is not enforced. But for most off these Muslim countries the point stands.
But homosexuality is not illegal in Albania, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Benin, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Djibouti, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mali, Niger, Tajikistan or Turkey. No comment on the quality of life for LGBT people in any/all of these countries, merely an observation on law.

Also, homosexuality was decriminalized under the Ottoman penal code in 1858. This did not happen in the UK until 1967, and there were still 13 states in the US that criminalized homosexuality in 2003. Colonialism really set the scene for black and white thinking on this matter, creating an attitude which fits religious fundamentalism like a glove and is almost impossible to change in those circles.

https://www.economist.com/open-futur...he-middle-east
Jun 28th, 2019 12:27 AM
TERRASTAR18
Re: Destanee Aiava Heated Exchange With Tennis Fan On Insta About LGBT Issues

This thread is still here and open?
Jun 28th, 2019 12:05 AM
Soozka
Re: Destanee Aiava Heated Exchange With Tennis Fan On Insta About LGBT Issues

There are very many Christians whose beliefs involve following the way of Jesus with respect to inclusivity rather than the types of exclusionary rules of the pharisees. As such, there are very many Christians and very many Christian denominations who do not agree with the homophobic stance adopted by Margaret Court in the "church" which she started for herself and appointed herself to the leadership of it. It really isn't a matter of people claiming to be a Christian. It's a matter of being a Christian and being homophobic and implementing homophobia is not being a Christian.
Jun 26th, 2019 05:36 PM
Matmagix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perun View Post
Good to know.

Some of these maps are not up-to-date, you're right. I've noticed the differences between the different maps. But in some countries it's actually worse than in the past like in Russia. There are some countries in which being gay is illegal but at the same time it is not enforced. But for most off these Muslim countries the point stands.
Well not surprising given apostasy is often punishable by death.
Jun 26th, 2019 05:31 PM
Viktorija
Re: Destanee Aiava Heated Exchange With Tennis Fan On Insta About LGBT Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario101 View Post
She has the right to her views. Me and billions across the world share her views
Of course you would support her. Why am I even surprised?
Jun 26th, 2019 05:24 PM
Perun
Re: Destanee Aiava Heated Exchange With Tennis Fan On Insta About LGBT Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by EkVraNaamEnVan View Post
No truth for Botswana and Namibia in these maps. Gays can live freely and openly, no one has been persecuted and you can form any association you want. People are not discriminated by their sexual orientation. You can go get married in South Africa or wherever it is allowed and no-one gives a rats ass about your life while they have their own economic situation to worry about. And same-sex relationship have been legal Botswana also recently as 11 June 2019.
Good to know.

Some of these maps are not up-to-date, you're right. I've noticed the differences between the different maps. But in some countries it's actually worse than in the past like in Russia. There are some countries in which being gay is illegal but at the same time it is not enforced. But for most off these Muslim countries the point stands.
Jun 26th, 2019 04:42 PM
Ellentonboy
Re: Destanee Aiava Argues With Tennis Fans On Insta About LGBT Issues

She's a hypocrite, she' topless on Instagram and then thumping the Bible along with Margaret Court. Girl, work on your second serve cause Ms Destanee your game is a little, ah, shaky. The AO is thinking of removing Margaret Court's name from one of the show courts, not that Destanee had chance to play on one of those<g>.
Jun 26th, 2019 04:31 PM
Monzanator
Re: Destanee Aiava Heated Exchange With Tennis Fan On Insta About LGBT Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropShotAce View Post
Wow Monzanator really surprised me.
I thought he or she was an open minded person but I can see the true colours now.
Sad.
Where have you been? The so-called open-minded liberals hate me aroud here and are proud of it I call it as I see it. LGBT community and their supporters are the most intolerant people I know. It's their way or the highway.
Jun 26th, 2019 02:28 PM
EkVraNaamEnVan
Re: Destanee Aiava Heated Exchange With Tennis Fan On Insta About LGBT Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perun View Post
Here is a world map with the LGBT legal situation marked in colors. Pink colours mark that being gay is penalized in some way. Dark pink means the death sentence that can be carried out on them. Some of these countries are democratic, so there's even less of an excuse.

As you see the vast majority of extreme discrimination (the death penalty included) takes part in [B]Muslim countries.




Here are world maps with the LGBT legal situation marked in colors.




No truth for Botswana and Namibia in these maps. Gays can live freely and openly, no one has been persecuted and you can form any association you want. People are not discriminated by their sexual orientation. You can go get married in South Africa or wherever it is allowed and no-one gives a rats ass about your life while they have their own economic situation to worry about. And same-sex relationship have been legal Botswana also recently as 11 June 2019.
Jun 26th, 2019 02:18 PM
Perun
Re: Destanee Aiava Heated Exchange With Tennis Fan On Insta About LGBT Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatersGoToHell View Post
No, they're not. I didn't hear about heterosexual people physically attacked by lgbt person or being threatened by the death or being bullied in families, schools, work for being heterosexual. Minorities have always a big disadvantage and need a support.
In every social group are bad people, but it doesn't mean lgbt people should be quiet and don't deserve an equality.



Muslim authorities and muslim people are very different. They're the same people as everyone. There are conservatives and liberals.

I'd like if the situation was like you depict it but I am sorry to break it to you ... you're in the wrong.

There are Muslim countries and territories in which not only authorities but also common folk is very hostile towards gay people so your argument is idle. People say how homophobic Russia is but conveniently forget about how much more dramatic is the situation in predominantly Muslim Chechnya that lies within Russia. There gays are casually abused and being treated for a ''mental illness''.

Moreover there are Muslim countries in which most people don't oppose the harassment and discrimination of gay people or even actively actively engage in it. The fact that there are some ''liberal muslims'' does not change the fact that most of them is not such, and definitely not in their countries of origin.

Here is a world map with the LGBT legal situation marked in colors. Pink colours mark that being gay is penalized in some way. Dark pink means the death sentence that can be carried out on them. Some of these countries are democratic, so there's even less of an excuse.

As you see the vast majority of extreme discrimination (the death penalty included) takes part in [B]Muslim countries.




Here are world maps with the LGBT legal situation marked in colors.




Jun 26th, 2019 01:19 PM
Lord Choc Ice
Re: Destanee Aiava Heated Exchange With Tennis Fan On Insta About LGBT Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobruiz View Post
No.
I was just larping lol. I think it's absurd when so-called liberals are so eager to amplify the voices of 'oppressed minority groups', but then can't take what they wished for.

Still mean the part Destanee shouldn't be 'silenced' or whatever, because she's irrelevant and ignorable. Her opinions literally change no life.
Jun 26th, 2019 12:53 PM
networthy
Re: Destanee Aiava Heated Exchange With Tennis Fan On Insta About LGBT Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatersGoToHell View Post
Muslim authorities and muslim people are very different. They're the same people as everyone. There are conservatives and liberals.
You're being negligently disingenuous. We're all very much alike in fundamentals ways. But culturally, no, Muslims are not "the same people as everyone." Global surveys have shown that large majorities in Muslim countries believe that gays should be put to death and that women should not have the same rights as men. In the West, the percentages of people holding those beliefs are relatively insignificant.
Jun 26th, 2019 12:51 PM
Hanan Ubis
Re: Destanee Aiava Argues With Tennis Fans On Insta About LGBT Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youmustbetrippin View Post
It's just a fact, and facts don't care about your dumbass liberal feelings. You're either a man or a woman, if you're something in between that's a genetic disorder, it is absolutely absurd that just because you think something, you are exactly that. I'm a male D1 player, okay can I now say I'm a 12yo girl so I can go and win every Junior Girls Slam the next 6 years? I doubt it.
You can make the argument that most people fall under man or woman (sex wise), but to say other gender/sex expressions are genetic disorders incorporates feelings & bias, whether you like it or not. The word "disorder" is not value neutral. Additionally, it belies the reality that many non-traditional gender individuals are and feel quite ordered. Therefore, using the word disorder to describe an ongoing characteristic of a human being is an extraordinary claim, and requires extraordinary evidence, which quite frankly, you probably don't have. Plus, the medical community (which likely has nearly infinitely more experience than you in this area) disagrees with using that word broadly/liberally in this case.
Jun 26th, 2019 11:46 AM
Sphrontanascier
Re: Destanee Aiava Heated Exchange With Tennis Fan On Insta About LGBT Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario101 View Post
She has the right to her views. Me and billions across the world share her views
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance
Jun 26th, 2019 09:42 AM
DropShotAce
Re: Destanee Aiava Heated Exchange With Tennis Fan On Insta About LGBT Issues

This thread is getting disgusting with all this homophobia.
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome