TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Halep vs Barty talent wise?
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2019, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Sugar cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I agree that talent is too vague. Do you mean who will have the better career? Who is tougher to play on their good days?
I was disappointed Halep played Cincy after the long Rogers Cup final. I dont think she's been the same since then
But unless Barty wins more majors, she has a long way to go to match Halep who was YE #1 the last 2 years
First I’d like to say that I like ishgevers post a lot and I agree that listing all the aspects of their game doesn’t give the entire picture. Wanted to clarify that when I said talent I meant tennis skill talent rather than individual qualities. That’s what I was asking. But knowing what you and everyone think of who’s tougher to be beat would be interesting but I think that’s down to the opponent they’re playing for example halep can retrieve like an android but when she faces players with a hell of a lot variety and junk ball, then she’s gone. I was asking who has the higher peak as well I guess. Might add these into the question now. Imo though barty relies less on tennis skills than halep does athleticism

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome