TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Katie Boulter makes hasty French Open getaway after picking up controversial pay pack
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 12:01 PM
country flag StephenUK

Re: Katie Boulter makes hasty French Open getaway after picking up controversial pay

Giorgi is just as bad, except for the fact that there weren't articles in the press several weeks ago saying she would pull out of RG. The Boulter articles must have come from the Boulter camp. If she had better PR sense, she would have put out a statement like: 'I am sorry to pull out of Nuremberg but I am really hoping to play at RG but in the end it is up to what the doctors say.' and not pulled out of Surbiton until she had also pulled out of RG. Then she would have covered herself, but this was messy.

And she cannot be surprised about the British press. Roland Garros is when the temporary tennis media that exists in Britain for May-July dusts off the cobwebs on its tennis 'knowledge' and starts to take up its seven week interest in tennis, so she would know that they would have their eyes on her. I imagine the Sun and the Mirror are probably going to preparing big features on 'Brit beauty Boulter' etc as we speak and have probably been interviewing her already.

But these two may not be the last - I will not be surprised if at least one more takes the $20k and hobbles into the sunset by tomorrow/Monday.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome