TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rome R3: [6] Kiki Bertens def. Carla Suárez Navarro 6-4 1-6 6-3
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 06:55 PM
Absolute10

Re: Rome R3: [6] Kiki Bertens def. Carla Suárez Navarro 6-4 1-6 6-3

Watched this match. and became a fan of Navarro. This petite is fun to watch. I love the way she hits that backhand. And her forehand is so powerful for a girl her size. Even when she misses, your hear oh, ah from fans because of the way she artfully hits the ball. It's pretty nice to watch LIVE. TV doesn't do her game justice at all.
I thought she was the better player out there. Her problem is she gives away too many points. Shots that hit just out when Kiki had no chance to play them back. All those shots where landing in the 2nd set and Kiki had no clue what to do. I was praying for those shots to keep landing.

Kiki is like a machine. Every shot is routine. She is a hard worker. Nothing fancy about her shots. She is accurate, very effective. I see why she is winning so many matches. But her game is not pretty at all. Just routine shots.
Navarro's game, on the other hand, is so beautiful. I'll watch her LIVE over Kiki any time, win her lose. If you've never watched her LIVE, you have no idea how beautiful her game is.
She's got a new fan!!!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome