TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Svetlana's 2019 Tournaments! Back on clay after injury break
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2019, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
country flag Michael!
-I am not crazy-

Re: Svetlana's 2019 Tournaments! Back on clay after injury break

Kuznetsova def. Alexandrova 36 62 76(6)

What a mess

I was able to watch the 3rd set, Alexandrova was a mess, tons of UEs with some good winners in between but it was visible why she prefers faster courts, her serve was a mess also, had no rhyhtm there at all.
Sveta had the *41 lead and all chances to win it quickly in the 3rd set also but she was just too up and down and not confident enough in the crucial moments but that is something which you have to expect after such a long injury break.
In the end she can be happy that Alexandrova turned into an UE machine again when Sveta was down *56 as she was just pushing too much, especially at the important points, at 6-2 in the TB it was awful, she even started to slice her FH, just waiting for errors...I think Alexandrova had ca. 70 UEs in the end but Sveta with over 40 UE also.

Serve obviously is an issue also, her placement is not bad but her serves are often just too slow although she used her kick serve nicely a few times at least.

Happy that she was able to win her first match, quality was not great but she looked healthy and that's most important!
Probably Bacsinszky next, I don't expect her to win that but that match will help her as well on her way back.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome