TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Pakistan woman sentenced to death for religious reason
View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2018, 12:18 AM
country flag terjw

Re: Pakistan woman sentenced to death for religious reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve2Win View Post
They are not defending her. All you have to do is read this topic. Where are they? They all believe that whoever makes fun of their prophet must die. Every muslim believe that. Just tell me I am lying, would you? They sit quietly, thinking "yes, that woman must get what she deserves. She must die".

I had a muslim friend at work. He is from Indonesia. I used to joke with him asking if he would kill me if I say not so nice things about his prophet. He laughed and responded, "I would not do it, but someone else will because it's the duty of every muslim".
When I asked why he wouldn't do it, his response was that he doesn't want to go to jail... That's where I got the idea about the "courageous ones vs the cowards ones".

Of course I was not openly calling him coward. We were good friends, having breakfast together every morning downstairs at the cafeteria.
I think you've taken this claim too far. There are two points you've made: The first is about all Muslims think that Asia Bibi should be punished and must die. The second the lack of people in this forum condemning this.

If we talk about Muslims: There's a group (not so many in the Western democracies) that would actively perform terrible acts of murder. They quote the Koran when they perpetrate these acts. Then there's more that support these acts of terror or what has happened to Asia but wouldn't do it themselves. Then there's a large number who don't support it but are fearful of speaking up.

And then there's a number who don't support it and do condemn it. How they reconcile this with the Koran I don't know but they do. Much as I dislike Sadiq Khan - he has condemned violence committed in the name of Islam. We have Muslims who are MPs in the UK including the home secretary Sajid Javid. And they have condemned violence in the name of Islam.

I don't think you have provided any evidence (apart from your friend anecdote) that all Muslims or even a majority of Muslims in Western Democracies really think "yes, that woman must get what she deserves. She must die" (I've put in bold in your post).

Now for this lack of posters in this thread not condemning this terrible thing in Pakistan. Firstly this is a Tennis Forum and only a tiny handful of posters are posting on Politics down here.. The "US Politics thread" is the only political thread that is very active. That's because a very small number of posters (maybe half a dozen) are posting there every day. So we have half a dozen posters haven't noticed this thread or are not concerned enough to post here and are busy with mainly "Left is Good, Right is Bad" posts in the "US Politics thread". I don't see how you can generalise from such a small number of people. Or even conclude they are actively thinking "yes, that woman must get what she deserves. She must die".

Caroline Wozniacki

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome