Tennis Forum banner

Is this name for real?

10K views 64 replies 48 participants last post by  Sliding Clayer 
#1 ·
#3 ·
#7 ·
Meet Miss Kaheaokaleonahenahemaikalani Companion

OMG WTF. I looooove her name!!!

She is on the entry list for 60K Indian Harbour Beach :hearts:.

#8 ·
Re: Meet Miss Kaheaokaleonahenahemaikalani Companion

OMG WTF. I looooove her name!!!

She is on the entry list for 60K Indian Harbour Beach :hearts:.
At first I though, what is this, just someone punching keys on their lap top? Then I read your thread and decided to look it up, and her name is for real, I just can't. There was another thread about this a week ago.

#11 ·
Reactions: Azula
#13 ·
I immediately thought "Hawaii".

It's not too bad in her case because her surname is relatively short. So they just have to say "advantage Companion". Now if Kaheaokaleonahenahemaikalani was her surname, that would be a lot more challenging for the umpires and they might have to ask her if she could give them an acceptable truncated version. Otherwise, as her first name, perhaps they would say her full name at only the beginning of the match one time, and afterwards use the surname only.

#18 ·
if i was an umpire i would just refuse to spell this name.There is a limit to hard to spell native names.Besides ,i have read an article about names in Madagascar which are similar to this,and even natives there have hard time spelling them and newer generations try to shorten them.

#20 ·
Even weirder than Noppawan Lertcheewakarn or something :lol:

They should think about some abbreviation or something.

#28 ·
Re: Kaheaokaleonahenahemaikalani COMPANION (USA)

:spit:

#30 ·

RIP chair umpire :tears:

#32 ·

Dang..and here I was thinking Pavlyuchenkova was tough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.