TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2016-17 College Tennis Results and Discussion
View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 2017, 09:50 PM
country flag tucker1989

Re: 2016-17 College Tennis Results and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
This will continue to be UCLA's only way of winning matches this season. They'll need to win the doubles point and get 3 singles wins. Stella switched all of the doubles teams, and that seems to be working in UCLA's favor. UCLA's hurting in the middle of the singles lineup right now with 2, 3 and 4. If I was Stella, I would try: 1) Shibahara, 2) Hart, 3) Fleming, 4) Andrews, 5) Miller, 6) Wiley. After finally getting to see the team, I also think the players make too many unforced errors.

Against Stanford, I wasn't surprised that Stanford won, but I was surprised that UCLA got 3 points. I think Stanford's issue is that all of their players are similar from 1-6, so they may not have the players to win consistently at the top of the lineup but the bottom of their lineup are good enough to consistently win.
I agree with that proposed line-up. I think Fleming is better suited at #3 for sure. I'll be interested to see if any PAC 12 team can make a deep run at NCAAs. I'm not convinced by any of them so far.

Georgia beat Auburn soundly today, which was not a surprise, but I had no idea that Auburn was ranked #4 and after looking at its schedule and wins so far, I still don't get it.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome