TennisForum.com - View Single Post - A tournament in Croatia, where?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2015, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
country flag ma re

A tournament in Croatia, where?

If we could get some nice event over here besides Bol, where do you think it should go (asside from right next door to you )?

I think Varazdin would be a very reasonable choice, assuming they find the right facility, but since Davis Cup and Fed Cup were both already held there, I don't think a tournament would be so impossible to organize. Tennis is very popular in that part of Croatia and it gave many good players - they could hire Karolina Sprem as a director/promotor, for example

It's economically in one of the more developed parts of the country so attendance shouldn't be an issue, and geographically it's close to several countries, many of which are among the more affluent in Europe, with a lot of tennis fans (about a 90-minute drive to Austria, Italy is 3,5 hrs and even Germany or the Czech Republic are just over 4 hrs away).

Overall, many good reasons. Besides the city is beautiful and quite a popular tourist destination already. I'd sure go every year, even if it were "just" a 100k or something similar.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome